• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Temper your expectations.

With the current deal there may not be much money available for new signings
Depends how they look at it I guess, spending 50k on a player is a piffling amount compared to all these mill and half mill bills they keep paying.

Looking forward to having owners that dont **** it all up the wall and try to cut the cloth accordingly but we have to show ambition, mid table non league is not gonna keep peoples interest in the long term.

Ficklezone will be back in full effect once all this has died down and we are getting beaten 2-0 at home to Dorking Wanderers

Temper your expectations.

With the current deal there may not be much money available for new signings

As I’ve said many, many times before, this consortium will not be splashing mega money on transfer fees or wages.

The whole idea is to become sustainable. We aren’t going to be paying over the odds to bring players in, they will come here as they want to be here, want to be successful and want to be part of something as opposed to the pay packet.

We won’t be going down the Wrexham route, although I hope we take elements of what they’ve done behind the scenes, on transfers and bring in ex-premier league players like Ben Foster etc.

We have a method, an ideology, an identify we are trying to create, and that will be a lot easier under the consortium.

Depends how they look at it I guess, spending 50k on a player is a piffling amount compared to all these mill and half mill bills they keep paying.

Looking forward to having owners that dont **** it all up the wall and try to cut the cloth accordingly but we have to show ambition, mid table non league is not gonna keep peoples interest in the long term.

Ficklezone will be back in full effect once all this has died down and we are getting beaten 2-0 at home to Dorking Wanderers

Thankfully, they got relegated wink 😉

As I’ve said many, many times before, this consortium will not be splashing mega money on transfer fees or wages.

The whole idea is to become sustainable. We aren’t going to be paying over the odds to bring players in, they will come here as they want to be here, want to be successful and want to be part of something as opposed to the pay packet.

We won’t be going down the Wrexham route, although I hope we take elements of what they’ve done behind the scenes, on transfers and bring in ex-premier league players like Ben Foster etc.

We have a method, an ideology, an identify we are trying to create, and that will be a lot easier under the consortium.
It is definitely an ideology that we have to follow and I'm all for it.

However, it does make me wonder what constitutes mega money. It was echoed many times that we were after Ollie Pearce. With the competition for his signature, I wonder what we were offering. I know he was from the league below, but his stats and performances would have demanded a decent salary and signing on fee for this level.

I guess it's a question of scale. Our wise and calculated spending in the future, will still seem high compared to some clubs.

Either way, to be even talking about this is unbelievable!

Utb!

How many is Kev and co looking for to improve the squad as we got strong core of squad maybe I would go for another 2 Cf, full back , another cb , gk would be my thoughts

Does anyone know when the embargo will be lifted now the debt has been clered .The john still can look at plyers that would be good for us.

it is my key board not me
I dont know why it does it somrtimes and not others .But i will ask the same question when is this bloody embargo getting lifted .
Nobody knows at the moment tommy, except perhaps the concortium. Hopefully next week.

Someone said yesterday that the Embargo remains until the £1 million Bond is lodged, or we have new owners, who can then prove to the League that sufficient funds are available to see us through the season and pay our bills.

Back