• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Braintree are making some good signings. I wonder if they might sneak into the playoffs this season

Yes Braintree will do better than many people think I feel, they have a good management team in Angelo Harrop and John White who both were ex players for us and of course John was a great player for you too. They have signed 3 of our ex players and now one of yours, these boys have many contacts in the game so I think they will convince several others to join either on loan or a full transfer. They haven't got big support or a wealthy chairman so that could limit their ambitions but I do think they will give a good account of themselves next season.

Yes Braintree will do better than many people think I feel, they have a good management team in Angelo Harrop and John White who both were ex players for us and of course John was a great player for you too. They have signed 3 of our ex players and now one of yours, these boys have many contacts in the game so I think they will convince several others to join either on loan or a full transfer. They haven't got big support or a wealthy chairman so that could limit their ambitions but I do think they will give a good account of themselves next season.
They might need a new website made though.

They might need a new website made though.
:Hilarious: Yes I noticed that! It is a big step to go from the league below to this one, as I said finance will be the big issue, hopefully they have a friendly web designer fan who will help them out with the site. What they need is a decent FA cup run, get Man U away, 45% share of gate receipts and they will be sorted for quite a while!

John White - good professional player. [thumbs up]

Think the embargo gets lifted after 7 days so should be next Wednesday. Do you anticipate any signings or are will likely to be limited to what we have at the moment?
I think it depends why the embargo is in place. For wups we've had the embargo removed much quicker than 7 days before.
But if it's for not completing the financial information then yes the rules state 7 days after financial information is provided.

Have we still got some key targets waiting still to join us? And I guess we are talking to agents and player still despite us in being under this embargo

I think it depends why the embargo is in place. For wups we've had the embargo removed much quicker than 7 days before.
But if it's for not completing the financial information then yes the rules state 7 days after financial information is provided.
If the embargo is going to be lifted in 7 day . Can the club not sign player on what is pre contracts So that when the embargo gets lifted any player can then sign on the dotted line .

If the embargo is going to be lifted in 7 day . Can the club not sign player on what is pre contracts So that when the embargo gets lifted any player can then sign on the dotted line .
could be why Kev and John Still were at the training ground at half 6 the other night - possibly meeting potential signings?

I am NOT ITK by the way just speculating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back