• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Question : what if Stewarts Law decided like others and waited longer and rescinded the WUP or whatever its called , could the Embargo then be lifted.

Question : what if Stewarts Law decided like others and waited longer and rescinded the WUP or whatever its called , could the Embargo then be lifted.
If the WUP is dismissed then thered no longer be a WUP and in theory no reason for a transfer embargo.

The embargo is irrelevant right now, the consortium will not be spending money on signing players until they own the club.
I don't think it's irrelevant - for example we're unable to trigger extensions for GSM and other players whose contract expire. That's assuming we want to extend their contracts!

I don't think it's irrelevant - for example we're unable to trigger extensions for GSM and other players whose contract expire. That's assuming we want to extend their contracts!
The embargo only lifts once the takeover is done because nobody is clearing the WUP until then. That has been clear for a while.

If the takeover is done, the embargo is irrelevant as it'll be lifted imminently. If the takeover collapses, the embargo is irrelevant as we may not have a club for next season.

I have to say I am at a complete loss if we have failed to trigger GSM's extension straight away? I can only think the thought process was we want him to sign a new deal, and that is more likely if we keep him guessing re the extension? But we want to keep him, he knows we want to keep him, doesn't make sense.

The embargo only lifts once the takeover is done because nobody is clearing the WUP until then. That has been clear for a while.

If the takeover is done, the embargo is irrelevant as it'll be lifted imminently. If the takeover collapses, the embargo is irrelevant as we may not have a club for next season.
The WUP could be dismissed if the claimants were to be persuaded to withdraw the WUP. That could happen without cash being paid.

I have to say I am at a complete loss if we have failed to trigger GSM's extension straight away? I can only think the thought process was we want him to sign a new deal, and that is more likely if we keep him guessing re the extension? But we want to keep him, he knows we want to keep him, doesn't make sense.
Maybe the terms of the extension weren't great and GSM wasn't keen to stay on those terms, so we entered new contract talks. Personally I'd still like to think you trigger the extension first to show your intent - but maybe you don't want to retain an unhappy player?

Maybe the terms of the extension weren't great and GSM wasn't keen to stay on those terms, so we entered new contract talks. Personally I'd still like to think you trigger the extension first to show your intent - but maybe you don't want to retain an unhappy player?
Exactly you trigger and say well these are the baseline terms for next year but we would like to offer you a better contract. If he is unhappy and doesn't want new terms then that's fine, he has a year to run and other clubs can make offers. It's all pretty basic surely...
I still think they must have extended but just haven't publicised as they would rather announce a new contract.

Bye Gus, been an outstanding player the last two years. Has the white board been updated to reflect what 16 players will be our squad next year?

Only positive is we were sensational with the backs to the wall squad last year before the embargo was lifted

Bye Gus, been an outstanding player the last two years. Has the white board been updated to reflect what 16 players will be our squad next year?

Only positive is we were sensational with the backs to the wall squad last year before the embargo was lifted
Yeah what worries me is asking for that superhuman effort again from Kev & the players. If I was GSM and I was getting wooed by other clubs offering me a contract I'd be sorely tempted.

Back