• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Interactive so when you tap on a players name, it brings up all there stats, time injured etc.
Build this info into our current squads stats and see if it would benefit us.

Oh that's Moneyball...........................sorry.

Charlie Sayers released from Spurs at the end of his contract - I wonder if he is someone who could return or whether he is too good for us now?

Charlie Sayers released from Spurs at the end of his contract - I wonder if he is someone who could return or whether he is too good for us now?
that is a real shame - im sure they'll be a few teams in the EFL who would be interested in him. On the plus side, he'll have an oppotunity to win something now :-)

that is a real shame - im sure they'll be a few teams in the EFL who would be interested in him. On the plus side, he'll have an oppotunity to win something now :-)
Not if he signs for Bayern Munich while Kane is there. And after them signing Kompany as head coach, it's not beyond the realms of reality.

I’m not sure if any connections remain from his time here (I suppose Demi is on the coaching staff now) but this isn’t actually a bad shout as far as ex players returning goes. He’d fit the profile of the type of young player I’d like to recruit as back-up for Ralph in the left-sided centre-back/left wing-back roles.

Will be interested to see what level he ends up at.

I’m not sure if any connections remain from his time here (I suppose Demi is on the coaching staff now) but this isn’t actually a bad shout as far as ex players returning goes. He’d fit the profile of the type of young player I’d like to recruit as back-up for Ralph in the left-sided centre-back/left wing-back roles.

Will be interested to see what level he ends up at.
Not entirely true... Ron is still owner as well. Did you forget? :Winking:

I can't imagine us signing anyone at the moment let alone someone that's been released from a top 5 PL team.

That being said there are players that want to play first team football week in week out. I read a little piece about a goalkeeper called Patrick Nash not long ago. Rejected a new contract at Everton to sign for Fareham Town I think.

Did players contracts expire end of May? Or is it end of June? If the former is GSM still our player?

Couldn't extend contracts last year when under an embargo.

Believe that's why Sandat moved away as was unable to offer one and why Ralph, Bridge and one other possibly that signed on non-contract terms

It will have to be non-contract terms only (from July or until embargo removal) for any we want to keep. Same as Bridge and others agreed to in recent times.

On top of that I'd imagine we are limited on the numbers we can have again as well (18 I presume with the 7 sub rule change) I think we have 12/13 contracted players as things stand.

In short, its turning into a ****ing car crash of a pre-season yet again, which will only be saved by immediate (next few weeks) embargo removal.

Makes you wonder how many top signings we might have made if stewarts had just waited a bit longer.....

Back