• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Serious question. We know we are under a transfer embargo, we also know transfer window opens tomorrow. We think we understand that clubs can sell players during an embargo (but not buy). My question is IF we receive a decent offer for any of our players, who makes the decision to sell? Not always in manager's hands of course. And consortium don't yet own club. So does Tom Lawrence get final say or ultimately King Rat?

That is a good question - with any luck it is just a hypothetical question & the club is not selling any of our players.

Hopefully the current owner would say something along the lines of "I will only be the owner for a short time now so it's over to you C.O.S.U."

A tad optimistic perhaps?

Last edited:
That is a good question - wiith any luck it is just a hypothetical question & the club is not selling any of our players.

Hopefully the current owner would say something along the lines of "I will only be the owner for a short time now so it's over to you C.O.S.U."

A tad optimistic perhaps?
As a Col U fan the thought of Ratty Ron having one final hoorah at your clubs expense, brings even me out in a cold sweat.
As one football fan to others, rivalry doesn’t come in to this situation. Wishing you all good news for tomorrow and the immediate future

Echo is reporting that the club has triggered the extra year on Gus contract..

This is good news, let's hope this is a sign of good news tomorrow and the club still has a future..
Either means embargo lifted (highly doubtful) or work around for GSM found. Whatever way it’s good news.

Do we know when it was triggered? It could've been pre embargo?

hope so.

It's the timing that does you isn't it?

A day before the so called deadline of COSU and with no official confirmation from the club, was it done prior to the Umbongo?

Has this been agreed in principle only and can't be ratified due to the Umbongo?

Is it an announcement meaning real progress has been made on the three COSU conditions meaning they are in a position to keep funding the club and we are moving towards long awaited completion of the deal?

Another item that creates more speculation, which is sadly run of the mill at the moment.

Last edited:
hope so.

It's the timing that does you isn't it?

A day before the so called deadline of COSU and with no official confirmation from the club, was it done prior to the Umbongo?

Has this been agreed in principle only and can't be ratified due to the Umbongo?

Is it an announcement meaning real progress has been made on the three COSU conditions meaning they are in a position to keep funding he club and we are moving towards long awaited completion of the deal?

Another item that creates more speculation, which is sadly run of the mill at the moment.
The article says we "acted quickly". Either they have a different idea to me of the definition of "quickly" or this was done some time ago.

The article says we "acted quickly". Either they have a different idea to me of the definition of "quickly" or this was done some time ago.
Yeah, I think there was a discussion on this a week or 2 ago. It would make sense to exercise the option as soon as you know you want to retain the player and the option period is open, one would assume that was a few months ago. You then enter negotiations about the contract extension, new terms etc.

I've asked CP on X if he knows when contract was extended

If it was triggered some time ago weird why the club wouldn’t announce it when we done it
They haven’t announced any released/retained list at all. Same as last season. Not sure what the secrecy is as the league and all member clubs will be fully aware.

Back