• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Joe Gubbins, a former loanee, has been released from QPR, a left sided centre half.

Done really well at Accrington this season, and imagine he’ll be lining up in the EFL next season. But an area I’d like us to strengthen.

By the way, there is a name to have been released by QPR this summer whose name does appear on our whiteboard.

By the way, there is a name to have been released by QPR this summer whose name does appear on our whiteboard.
Add Stephen Duke-McKenna or Aaron Drewe into the mix. Both 23, Duke-McKenna being an attacking midfielder who recently lined up for Sutton but has also played for Orient, so may be too good for us. Drewe is a full-back (unsure what side) and has played for Oxford City, Chelmsford and Weymouth in his early career.

One who is leaving QPR in June is Luke Amos, 8 goals in 95 appearances for them. I actually thought there was class about him when he was with us on loan from Spurs. Probably play higher up though

Personally I love hearing about the famed whiteboard.

Makes me feel positive about our club, even if it is for a brief while. I have to believe that all will be fine, and that we’ll sign some good quality players further down the line. Some teams are only just announcing their first signings - not every team are a Barnet or York.

Personally I am getting sick and tired of hearing about the famed whiteboard.

About as much use as a chocolate teapot when we’re under another bleeding embargo.

Tell you what though, I got given a chocolate teapot for Father’s Day last year, tasted bloody lovely.

Personally I am getting sick and tired of hearing about the famed whiteboard.

About as much use as a chocolate teapot when we’re under another bleeding embargo.

Personally I think the famed whiteboard is rather a middle-class bourgeoisie construct.

Because of health reasons I can understand why the club doesn't use the back of a fag packet ............ but come on - what's wrong with using the back of an old envelope?

It's not as if the club has money to throw around eh?

Hash tag: recycle&reuse

Last edited:
Personally I think the famed whiteboard is rather middle-class bourgeoisie construct.

Because of health reasons I can understand why the club doesn't use the back of a fag packet ............ but come on - what's wrong with using the back of an old envelope?

It's not as if the club has money to throw around eh?

Hash tag: recycle&reuse
Do you not just wipe down a whiteboard? Seems quite old school to me and I'm sure they picked it up cheap .. or from a skip.

Back