• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fits the "Local Lad" bit as he went to SHSB - but surely he'd be looking for League 1, or at least top half of League 2.
Yes I would have thought so, the Cowley’s don’t want to lose him so he would have been offered a good deal so if he chooses not to sign we will be entitled to compensation. He has had a lot of stick from the fans this season, he is not the most popular player mainly because he gives the impression of being lazy at times. But Noah on song is a very decent technical player, and far too good for the National league and indeed league 2!

Absolutely not pointless. We're in talks with several targets, and we are not under a transfer embargo.

Might not look good if we sign anybody in the week leading up to a winding-up petition hearing though.

Things are progressing and it's not quite like last summer. Perhaps we're just in 2nd or 3rd gear at the moment, until we can maybe provide a bit more clarity to targets after 15th?
You say we're not under an embargo and you may or may not be correct. But either way, it's fairly clear we've been funded since the back end of last year by the consortium, and with further obstacles emerging they must be considering what level of backing to give us over the summer - because they would be insane to carry on putting money in when the prospects of them gaining control remain uncertain at best.

Take Callum Powell - he's out of contract, so the right and fair thing to do is either release him or offer him terms - if his future lies away from SUFC he'll want to know this early on, so he can make other arrangements. We haven't released him, which makes me think we want to offer him something - and he's aware of that and hanging around in that hope. The fact that we haven't offered him anything makes me think we probably aren't in a position to do so.

In my mind we're either under an embargo or the consortium (quite fairly) have called a halt to further spending.

You say we're not under an embargo and you may or may not be correct. But either way, it's fairly clear we've been funded since the back end of last year by the consortium, and with further obstacles emerging they must be considering what level of backing to give us over the summer - because they would be insane to carry on putting money in when the prospects of them gaining control remain uncertain at best.

Take Callum Powell - he's out of contract, so the right and fair thing to do is either release him or offer him terms - if his future lies away from SUFC he'll want to know this early on, so he can make other arrangements. We haven't released him, which makes me think we want to offer him something - and he's aware of that and hanging around in that hope. The fact that we haven't offered him anything makes me think we probably aren't in a position to do so.

In my mind we're either under an embargo or the consortium (quite fairly) have called a halt to further spending.

Are you sure on all of that? Just because we haven't published a retained list (which there is no requirement to do) doesn't mean players aren't aware of their future status - I'm pretty certain it was reported on here that player meetings were happening.

TBH after reading the NL embargo rules, I'm slightly surprised we're not under an embargo as we appear to qualify for one. But the lack of retained list doesn't provide evidence of one.

Are you sure on all of that? Just because we haven't published a retained list (which there is no requirement to do) doesn't mean players aren't aware of their future status - I'm pretty certain it was reported on here that player meetings were happening.

TBH after reading the NL embargo rules, I'm slightly surprised we're not under an embargo as we appear to qualify for one. But the lack of retained list doesn't provide evidence of one.
I'm not sure, but it's perfectly logical. Still using Powell as an example, if he's on his way he's going to want to know that early and would almost certainly make some sort of announcement himself - 'time to move on / enjoyed my time here / great fans / etc' - if only to alert others to his availability. He isn't going to be waiting until 30 June to learn his fate, and be completely chilled about it.

Greg halford, Shudder. Dark days.
Reading paid us over £2.5 million for Greg, he played 3 games! 6 months later he moved to Sunderland for a similar amount and played 8 games:ROFL: He was a very good player for us, but never settled anywhere much afterwards and had a reputation for being arrogant and difficult. Many years later and a few years before he played for you he was diagnosed as autistic which possibly explains his strange attitude at times.

I'm not sure, but it's perfectly logical. Still using Powell as an example, if he's on his way he's going to want to know that early and would almost certainly make some sort of announcement himself - 'time to move on / enjoyed my time here / great fans / etc' - if only to alert others to his availability. He isn't going to be waiting until 30 June to learn his fate, and be completely chilled about it.
You're making an assumption he doesn't know. I have no idea if that is the case and wouldn't assume it is.

One of the management team held talks with a transfer target today.

They are carrying on like business as usual.

One of the management team held talks with a transfer target today.

They are carrying on like business as usual.
I cant see anyone having talks with any targets .Unless justin has told them to You cant bring players in unless someone is backing it .And we know its not ROLAND RAT .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back