• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
So as predicted.. the national league are dragging there heels. I cannot wait to **** all over there **** league next year

How do we know it's the NL? It could be HMRC not confirming the debt has been repaid, or one of the various "football creditors" simply not acknowledging everything is kosher. The NL won't lift the embargo until all the t's are crossed etc. so on this occasion it might not be them!

How do we know it's the NL? It could be HMRC not confirming the debt has been repaid, or one of the various "football creditors" simply not acknowledging everything is kosher. The NL won't lift the embargo until all the t's are crossed etc. so on this occasion it might not be them!
It's the national league 🤣

Hey, that's critical thinking, is that allowed? :ROFL:

What about the boy from Rushall Athletic? He's scoring goals and we've been linked surely this could be the striker they're after
Danny Waldron, 14 goals in 22 games in NL north. If he could get close to that for us in the remaining 22 games that would do nicely, especially with Cardwell out for the next four weeks or so.

No idea what he’s like as a player, but the stats look good

Rhetorical question: when sandat left suddenly, there were outcrys about his departure.. now he's back, albeit temporarily, I've seen a few posts saying 'not good enough', etc.

Just wondering, how many others that left quickly over the summer that went to NSS for example, would you want to see back, or have we moved on?

Funny what the passage of time does.

Well there’s certainly a precedent for the NL lifting embargoes between Christmas and New Year, as Maher’s first permanent signing was New Year’s Eve.

Kensdale had been training with us for some weeks but wasn’t allowed to be registered until the embargo was lifted Friday 31st Dec 2021.

Will the embargo be lifted the last Friday of the year again?

Well there’s certainly a precedent for the NL lifting embargoes between Christmas and New Year, as Maher’s first permanent signing was New Year’s Eve.

Kensdale had been training with us for some weeks but wasn’t allowed to be registered until the embargo was lifted Friday 31st Dec 2021.

Will the embargo be lifted the last Friday of the year again?
That would be ironic… It just reminds us how the constraints the famous five have been grappling with go well beyond the current embargo.

In just eight and a half months they transformed the squad from Phil Brown’s team into the small group of superb pros we have now.

Imagine where we might be in a further eight months once restrictions are lifted! I reckon we will be a decent League Two squad by then - whether we are in League Two or the NL.

We should get the Barnet striker kabamba, his movement was brilliant, surely money talks so wouldn’t be a problem getting him. Also Pritchard the penalty taker is a good midfielder.

I’m not sure that “money won’t be a problem”, I don’t get the impression that the consortium will go down the route of throwing money at players, like Wrexham for example, at least not initially.

No
In all of history only eleven Brits have officially run sub 10 seconds for the 100m. It would be quite something for two of the eleven to be playing for the same NL side.

I think you must mean sub 11 seconds (which is still quick by non-Olympic standards).
I'd be astonished if Powell could go sub 11 seconds. I'd also be astonished if he could get within 10 metres of Cardwell over 100m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back