• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
For further info.

Is Southend-on-Sea a poor area?

"Southend is below the England 16.1% and East of England 18.3% figure. Southend-on-Sea is one of Essex's most deprived areas, ranked 128 out of 333 local authorities in the Index of Multiple Deprivation and with nine areas identified as being in the top 10% most deprived areas in England.

What does this have to do with transfer rumours?

If the embargo is still in place my money would be on we haven't paid off all the necessary debts rather than any the NL has it in for us type theories
My understanding is all the money has been deposited with the NL so they know the money has been paid. My guess therefore is that the NL staff aren't working.

It was a side discussion about the attractiveness for a player staying in Southend on Sea or moving to Gillingham.

Off topic but Southend has good and bad as does all areas.

Leigh on sea, Thorpe bay etc are lovely.

The areas around York road and the tower blocks are terrible.

My understanding is all the money has been deposited with the NL so they know the money has been paid. My guess therefore is that the NL staff aren't working.
Really? That surprises me that we would give NL money to then pay HMRC or other football creditors. To prove payment we could easily provide screenshots of the transfers or receiving party could confirm receipt.

Someone is dragging their heels a bit too much with this embargo, and I don't think I'm the only one who's a bit p####d off with it all, all i can do is wait patiently with everything else and laugh about the whole situation in a couple of weeks when the rat has finally gone.

UTB

Someone is dragging their heels a bit too much with this embargo, and I don't think I'm the only one who's a bit p####d off with it all, all i can do is wait patiently with everything else and laugh about the whole situation in a couple of weeks when the rat has finally gone.

UTB
I reckon it'll be the league. No reason it couldn't be lifted today.

Do you getting feeling they don't like us lol

I get the feeling that we are a completely special case, and that they haven’t had to deal with this situation on many occasions, and they’ve had to deal with things they haven’t dealt with before.

I’d also suggest, we have been given a lot more leeway than we would have had we been a “smaller” club. Don’t forget, we regularly sell out away ends. Barnet is another sell out. The “smaller” clubs make a lot of money when we turn up in our numbers, which benefits them massively.

They have had to make things up as they go along, as we are, or were, a basket case.

Now, if we had just followed the rules, which I don’t think will be an issue under the new guys, then it would have made everything a lot easier for us and them. But that’s down to one man, and one man only. Not Stan, not TL, not Crate, RM and RM alone.

Off topic but Southend has good and bad as does all areas.

Leigh on sea, Thorpe bay etc are lovely.

The areas around York road and the tower blocks are terrible.

Yep - hence so much chatter regarding the Queensway development.

Back on topic; would be very surprised if the embargo isn't lifted either today or tomorrow (Friday) and at least one player is signed on a perm basis. Am not ITK, but I have had it confirmed by our CEO that the fax machine has paper in it... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back