• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
3 wins in a row, 2 of them coming from behind…
Thank god Taylor got injured 🤣🤣 i doubt we would of seen much of crowther? He’s been good your correct …. Morton and DW work in progress?? Not massive game time for those 2… thanks for making me a big part of your SZ world … much love xx the back line could probably do with one more tho 36 year old Demi? love him to bits but anyone one with pace will destroy him.. no embargo let’s get some cover?

I like the idea of using Jack Wood off the bench if we need to change system slightly, depending on the match.

Similar to Mooney, he doesn’t really fit into our system optimally, but as he’s younger, he could be more of an impact player. Whereas Mooney couldn’t play this role, because he was a more established NL player and wanted to be playing more regularly.
Short term that may work- mid term that's no good for Jack and may force him to find regular starts elsewhere. To our great loss potentially also. To talented to consigned to a super sub role.

However, the last night maybe was the way forward- gives us far more potency on the right hand side to balance the left where Ralph gets forward so well that no Wes would not blunt things much (all be it Wes played really well last night). Of course could be one or the other tactically based on the opposition- or changing during the game to great effect.

There are some that might argue one holding midfielder is enough and play Wes left midfield and Jack right. May leave us a bit two open, I don't know. Be interesting to see how it plays out.

Short term that may work- mid term that's no good for Jack and may force him to find regular starts elsewhere. To our great loss potentially also. To talented to consigned to a super sub role.

However, the last night maybe was the way forward- gives us far more potency on the right hand side to balance the left where Ralph gets forward so well that no Wes would not blunt things much (all be it Wes played really well last night). Of course could be one or the other tactically based on the opposition- or changing during the game to great effect.

There are some that might argue one holding midfielder is enough and play Wes left midfield and Jack right. May leave us a bit two open, I don't know. Be interesting to see how it plays out.
I agree. Short-term I think it’ll be how we use him, but moving forwards he’d obviously want to get more game-time.

With more development, I’d like to think that Wood will be more trusted in that RCM role from the start, which would, as you say, strengthen our right-side.

Fonguck — Husin/Morton
Miley

or

Husin/Morton — Wood
Miley

makes us a bit less predictable than always using Fonguck to overload our left-side, and gives us more equal threat from both sides of the pitch.

Interesting to hear Kevin mention we have a small squad compared to others. I appreciate he prefers it that way and I get it, but I got the impression he would welcome a couple more given the number of games coming up

If Kensdale or Taylor aren’t coming back in the next couple of weeks, I think we need a short term CB loan. Just until they are back. Can’t keep asking JD to fill in at RCB (as well as he’s done)

Last edited:
If we are serious about getting out of this division next season then someone like McCallum on 26 goals already would be a good shout.

You need a player like that in your side if you want to win this league.

I'm sure we were interested before.

If Kensdale or Taylor aren’t coming back in the next couple of weeks, I think we need a short term CB loan. Just until they are back. Can’t keep asking JD to fill in at RCB (as well as he’s done)

Agreed. Penny for Brooklyn's thoughts now - he would be starting at the moment and getting those all important minutes!

Back on topic; I really hope we get at least one defender in. We are playing Tue/Sat/Tue/Sat and need to ensure we've got cover. Can't expect Demi to cover EVERY position!!!

Someone with 17 goals now for Chatham. Banging them in for fun from striker, winger, midfield., taking all the pens, clearing the line relentlessly and setting the crowd alight with tricks and pace, Blimey he will be in goal next and score . Still 8 yellows might sour a young mans reputation. Ah well Musnt say the name or a few will froth. No not related or agent !:Smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back