• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
No player is worth “breaking the bank” for. That’s part of the reason we have had the troubles we’ve had.

Or managers, for that matter. I will never get over Ron’s “financial gymnastics” to bring in that **** Campbell and his band of merry men.

Still, nothing will top Phil Brown’s spending spree; Michael Kightly, Rob Kiernan, Simon Cox, Noel Hunt, Mark Oxley, Anton Ferdinand, Michael Turner. That collection alone must have run us £30k a week.

This is extremely harsh. Kanu on and off the ball was fantastic. He was just scored in one game.
Its not harsh. For me he just didnt do as much as i expected from him. But his loan was short which didnt help. Its just my opinion thats all. But guess weve moved on from him now anyway

No10 position is that part of a front 2? So an attacker rather than midfielder?

Or a midfielder playing behind a front 2 - which I'm not sure we really play.
Maybe we havnt played it due to the players available. Hoping by bringing in new players that maybe offer something different it allows Kev and co to mix it up a bit in terms of formations and playing style which he hasnt been able to do this season so far

would we need him back? He had one good game against Solihull, other than that cant say he really stood out. Henry has already shown what he can offer and although he hasnt scored as many goals (easily could have had 3) he has scored, won a penalty, should have had another one at Kiddie and with a target man has shown that he can link up play well. Once Cardwell is fit and Waldron signed i would expect Dackers and Henry to come off the bench. Nice to have the options though
Enjoying that Kanu is 'one good game', ignoring the penalty he won at Boreham Wood, when Sandat gets credited for his in the next sentence.

Kanu was clearly head and shoulders above our level. If there's any chance of him returning we would surely leap at it.

Enjoying that Kanu is 'one good game', ignoring the penalty he won at Boreham Wood, when Sandat gets credited for his in the next sentence.

Kanu was clearly head and shoulders above our level. If there's any chance of him returning we would surely leap at it.
Agreed not that it’s a sandat v Kanu thread I know which I much prefer.

its just my opinion. relax. My point is anyway i doubt see we will be going back in for him as we already have Dackers on loan, sounds like Sandat will be extended, Waldron is close to coming in and now looks like this No10 lad. So can t see there is room for him. I didnt not like him, far from it. Just didnt quite see what all the hype was about. Maybe i need to put my glasses on :Smile: and fair point i had forgotten the penalty he won at Borehamwood so apologies for that. I had goggles on that day but made of the beer variety

Last edited:
No player is worth “breaking the bank” for. That’s part of the reason we have had the troubles we’ve had.

Push the boat out ever so slightly, but not breaking the bank.

The impression I get from the consortium is they will be a lot stricter with their budgets than RM ever was.
But is it not also the case that a major part of John Still's skill set is finding players priced at a level that does not put strain on the bank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back