• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Powell is an interesting one as he has real pace and high fitness levels and has been a key part of the high press we've played. He also creates so many chances which often turn in frustrating wasted chances. I agree he adds something to our squad but can't see where he fits into a starting 11 if we add some of the strikers suggested. He could be one who suffers because of us returning to being a normal football club as he goes from starter to bench warmer.

Powell is an interesting one as he has real pace and high fitness levels and has been a key part of the high press we've played. He also creates so many chances which often turn in frustrating wasted chances. I agree he adds something to our squad but can't see where he fits into a starting 11 if we add some of the strikers suggested. He could be one who suffers because of us returning to being a normal football club as he goes from starter to bench warmer.
Bench warmer to start, but for me, he is definition of an impact sub if things aren't going to plan. Hour onwards with opps starting to tire. With his fitness and chance creation as you say - all he needs is a boost in confidence on his return and he is more than handy squad player.

In summary, won't be on mega money and well worth keeping hold of, his diminutive size, fitness and strength offers something that little bit different.

I would like to apologise - I was in shock at the thought of signing 3 strikers, but somehow it turned into a conversation about Powell!!!

Personally, if we did manger to sign all 3 (and I expect that is a long shot) and Cards also returned, probably might mean Sandat going back.

I would like to apologise - I was in shock at the thought of signing 3 strikers, but somehow it turned into a conversation about Powell!!!

Personally, if we did manger to sign all 3 (and I expect that is a long shot) and Cards also returned, probably might mean Sandat going back.
I love this site ❤️

I wpould like to think if Dakers is coming on loan .Hpoefully it will be with an option to buy in the summer .The bloke needs stable back ground instead of being loaned hear there and everywhere .If good enough hopefully he can earn a contact .And as he is out of contract this summer could we get him on a free transfer .

I wpould like to think if Dakers is coming on loan .Hpoefully it will be with an option to buy in the summer .The bloke needs stable back ground instead of being loaned hear there and everywhere .If good enough hopefully he can earn a contact .And as he is out of contract this summer could we get him on a free transfer .
He’s out of contract in the summer

Coming at this from a slightly different angle is there not the possibility with Morton and Crowther in now and potentially Dackers coming in this would bring players such as Miley/ Cardwell and Kensdale even more to the eyes of watching EFL clubs. I would hate to lose any of our band of brothers but if significant cash can be raised this season it may help with really strengthening the squad for the all important season 24/25.. That’s how clubs like Brighton work..

You said option to buy there would be no need to buy. So will depend on the summer Ofc
You say that, but as he is under 23, wouldn't Salford require a fee as compensation for 'training', irrespective of whether he is out of contract or not? One of our younger players went at the end of his contract and the decision on fee went to tribunal but I can't remember who it was now

Regarding Walker, he seems very much a confidence player who has hot and cold streaks, which could explain why he's struggled jumping two divisions as you're more likely to get cold streaks than hot there.

This article from when he signed for Burton states:

Josh Walker was among the purest finishers in the National League, slightly underrated in that regard, capable of manufacturing opportunities through his own rapid pace and silky footwork as well as service from elsewhere. Though a largely confidence-fuelled player who suffered intermittent goal droughts at Dagenham, when on form the 25 year-old is borderline unplayable, and that was certainly the case more often than not. Certainly since the turn of the new year, since which he has been one of the division's most in-form players: a late headed winner at Maidstone United, clinical deficit-halver at home to Woking then brace against Aldershot Town.

Also sounds like he may have had some injury problems at Barnet (before Daggers), judging by this Barnet fans reply, but Still & Currie worked with him there so will be aware of that:

Get this Guy in 👍💙💙💙🧢🧢🧢🧢 Will fit like a glove and a good player 🤞🤞🤞🫶👌

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back