• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
This mean embargo not being close to being lifted or that he just thought Dagenham was a better move do you think?

The embargo will be lifted soon.

I don’t know Remy’s thought process behind the move, but ultimately you can only hang on so long. Just like Justham in the Summer, who was our number 1 goalkeeping target. Eventually players need stability and can’t go on a promise.

Best of luck to him. Be interesting to see how he gets on.

I thought that every time a club announces a new signing someone on here tells us it’s another one of our targets we’ve missed out on 😀😀

I guess you might have say 5 targets in one position - but you're only gonna sign 1 - so the number of targets can be many multiples of the actual available squad positions

I thought that every time a club announces a new signing someone on here tells us it’s another one of our targets we’ve missed out on 😀😀

I can tell you Maguire-Drew, who we had on trial before, who signed for Barnet WASN’T a target, and nor was Sam Barratt who rejoined Maidstone. Or the fella Rochdale signed, Ryan East.

I guess you might have say 5 targets in one position - but you're only gonna sign 1 - so the number of targets can be many multiples of the actual available squad positions

If you look back through my post on here previously, I’ve explained what we do.

Not all of them are active targets, but Levi and Remy both were.

Can someone please explain how we can have big targets when we are under a ****ing embargo?

Quite easily.

A lot, and I mean A LOT of work goes into a transfer. If we waited until the embargo was lifted, we’d be weeks and in some cases months behind.

So much groundwork, Those words are banned and scouting is done. A player will be watched at least three times before a move is made for example.

Do you think JS and his army of scouts have been sitting around and doing nothing for the last 14 months?

Quite easily.

A lot, and I mean A LOT of work goes into a transfer. If we waited until the embargo was lifted, we’d be weeks and in some cases months behind.

So much groundwork, Those words are banned and scouting is done. A player will be watched at least three times before a move is made for example.

Do you think JS and his army of scouts have been sitting around and doing nothing for the last 14 months?
@BoyWonder2 I stand down. Well explained and a perspective I hadn’t considered, thank you.

Quite easily.

They might aswell have been..... when was the last time we actually signed 1 of js recommendation? My guess would been summer 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back