• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
My view too and hope am wrong, but Sandat for 4 weeks feels very much like doing us a favour to fill the one striker slot we need filling, not floodgates open due to embargo removal.
What you'll probably find is that the management team has been working under the assumption that the embargo won't be lifted today (as there is no guarantee), focusing immediate efforts on getting a few stop gaps in so we can field an 11 this weekend.

If the embargo does get lifted and 2 or 3 others join us before Kiddy too, then that's a bonus.

I think Blair Sturrock takes that accolade quite comfortably
There were 12 games that Blair didn't start in the 2010/11 season, do you know how many of those we won? 2. That's a 17% win percentage, in contrast when Blair started we won 41% of the time.

His hold up play was vital to us not going down as expected that season, just because he was crap at shooting doesn't make him a bad player.

Last edited:
⁰Unbelievable that people are moaning (though not surprising!!). We currently have no strikers, we're under the rules of an embargo, so who were people expecting us to sign!!!
Theres a difference between moaning and being underwhelmed.

We are on the cusp of the biggest and most important announcement in decades, i think the news of a 4 week loan for sandat is understandably a bit of a let down.

Unbelievable that people are moaning (though not surprising!!). We currently have no strikers, we're under the rules of an embargo, so who were people expecting us to sign!!!
don`t forget the doom and gloom brigade are not happy on shrimperzone unless that can find something to moan about { just wait until the takeover happens then they can spend there time finding fault with the consortium members }

There were 12 games that Blair didn't start in the 2010/11 season, do you have many of those we won? 2. That's a 17% win percentage, in contrast when Blair started we won 41% of the time.

His hold up play was vital to us not going down as expected that season, just because he was crap at shooting doesn't make him a bad player.
I actually rated Blair, felt he was unfairly treated by some, because of his goalscoring record, but his hold up play was excellent and if he did score more, he wouldn't have been playing at our level!

What you'll probably find is that the management team has been working under the assumption that the embargo won't be lifted today (as there is no guarantee), focusing immediate efforts on getting a few stop gaps in so we can field an 11 this weekend.

If the embargo does get lifted and 2 or 3 others join us before Kiddy too, then that's a bonus.
And Henry will just slot in he knows the system and hoe Kev likes to play. So even if others come in Henry makes sense IMO

don`t forget the doom and gloom brigade are not happy on shrimperzone unless that can find something to moan about { just wait until the takeover happens then they can spend there time finding fault with the consortium members }
Having spoken to JR pre-Bromley I did forget to advise him to enjoy this period of goodwill towards him and the consortium because as soon as the takeover is completed and the fortnight honeymoon period has expired he will most certainly be getting flak if we are not knocking on the door of the Champions League.

Not really understanding the ‘underwhelmed’ by the Sandat loan.

For me that’s a cracking loan, the lad really kicked on and showed he was a hell of a talent. Was picked up by a Championship club and will have been with quality coaches and players learning and no doubt improving.

What would you prefer he goes to Bromley or Borehamwood and bangs them in against us? We could get a young striker on loan from another Championship club and they be a Kargbo! We know Sandat, he knows us and he’s one of our own! Whats not to like about this?

All debts HMRC and all football debts have to be cleared for embargo to be lifted, with Ron stalling allegedly with council on amount of affordable homes in new FF 500 from RH, then the assurances for the Consortium just aren't going to be on place today for everything to be paid, cleared, confirmed and sanctioned by the NL to lift it.

Gonna Change my view on this, got to do a few jobs around the house first, but will put my latest info from a reliable source about an hour ago on the takeover thread..........

Theres a difference between moaning and being underwhelmed.

We are on the cusp of the biggest and most important announcement in decades, i think the news of a 4 week loan for sandat is understandably a bit of a let down.
We struggled to get someone in last week, when we had space, so this is far better than nothing, so I'm certainly not underwhelmed we have someone coming in.

Who were you expecting us to sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back