• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we Dackers, Crowther and Kabongolo all got in the box for free kicks and corners we would have 19ft 6 inches in the penalty area for starters

Dackers is reported to be 6.7", Kabongola is 6.4" Crowther is ? 6.4" Cardwell 6.3" add in Kensdale 6.3" and the leaping Salmons, Ralph and Scott Morris
Then theres Harry Taylor 6.2"
If a few balls just bounced off the back of their heads we should score a few more from set pieces, although we might not want to come up against too many speedy Callum Powells whilst defending
With all that height, you just know we'll start playing it in low...

Off the three strikers mentioned i would love to see Josh Walker join on a permanent if we were to only be able to get 1 of the 3 ,being greedy i would be more than happy with all 3 though ,To be honest i would prefer permanents to loanees , unless we have them on loan with the option of buying at seasons end.

Imagine if we signed all 3 strikers, I wouldn't know what to do!!
I still have to pinch myself that we are in this position. There were people wanting to play over a park with a new name, just to get rid of Ron. We now have our club back, talking about the choice between three strikers. It's unbelievable when you think about it! Enjoy it fellow shrimpers.

I think he's more a winger. He was another bought to play wide left in a 343 like mooney on the right. He's been played up front as a number 10. He's not really a central mid in the box midfield. Not sure he's up to replacing bridge. I'd say he's surplus to requirements too if we are being tough.
Agree with everything except this.

He's a massive threat and we need players like that

He's very much a grey area attacker in my opinion

If we play a 4-4-2 he's a wide midfielder imo

But with the way Maher sets up, he's used as a striker.

Depends how you define "Striker" as he's certainly not a centre forward
He’s not a winger … he’s a off the shoulder striker imo… tryjng to get in behind the defence… I’ve never seen him cross a ball and he wouldn’t track back as a winger

Agree with everything except this.

He's a massive threat and we need players like that
I also think that his attitude and work ethic is an influence on the squad as a whole , and is an example to the younger players too.

He seems to give 100% and trains hard and if this has contributed to the squads current attitude , and continues to do so , then the man is an asset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back