• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he is a local lad and a really nice fellow but Sandat is not going to get you goals on a regular basis, I think we could do a lot better, when we had Kanu is was a proper two up front, Sandat tries but he is a long way away from being like Kanu was, a new era there are players out there let’s get a striker that strikes,

I know he is a local lad and a really nice fellow but Sandat is not going to get you goals on a regular basis, I think we could do a lot better, when we had Kanu is was a proper two up front, Sandat tries but he is a long way away from being like Kanu was, a new era there are players out there let’s get a striker that strikes,
Sandat has scored in the same amount of games as Kanu did …

Kanu scored in 1 of the 6 games he played for us. I’m sure he would have scored more if he stayed for longer but it’s not really the best example of someone scoring on a regular basis.

There’s more to being a striker than scoring goals. Sandat is good on the ball and is good at winning fouls. He won a couple of penalties last season and should have won a couple since being back already. That’s almost as good as a goal.

He will link up well with Cardwell, or is a decent option off the bench if we sign another striker.

Kanu also missed a couple of sitters in games.
Kanu scored in 1 of the 6 games he played for us. I’m sure he would have scored more if he stayed for longer but it’s not really the best example of someone scoring on a regular basis.

There’s more to being a striker than scoring goals. Sandat is good on the ball and is good at winning fouls. He won a couple of penalties last season and should have won a couple since being back already. That’s almost as good as a goal.

He will link up well with Cardwell, or is a decent option off the bench if we sign another striker.

We couldn't get a striker before and we've now got one that should have got a stonewall pen with his movement, scored a wrongly chalked off goal at home to Barnet and scored this weekend. Yet, people don't want to extend his loan. I don't get it. If he signs instead of someone else who is better, I get people's angst. However, we don't know if that is true. He may sign as well as someone else, which would be great.

Also, if we sign Waldron and Cards comes back, with Sandat as a third option, we'd have bitten an array of hands off for that previously! Powell may also be available to provide competition from March onwards too. That's not bad for a club that nearly died.

I think we need to lower our expectations a little for the time being. There is an awful lot to change and get right, it takes time. Splashing cash aimlessly is a thing of the past.

Won a penalty (of sorts) against Kiddie, had a goal wrongly disallowed against Barnet and scored against Halifax.

Not a bad return from four games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back