• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how rules like that can help clubs in financial difficulty overcome their difficulties. Let their assets leave for nothing - lovely, that’ll help pay football creditors.
I think RHB was commenting about the desire of the club for Sandat to stay, rather than making a case for insolvent businesses to carry on spending.

Sandat has played well. He's a young lad with not a lot of first XI experience being asked lead the line in a bruising division. There's a real player in there, it's a shame he won't develop his potential with us
It’s a good point re where that potential be developed. He himself pointed out that there is a real lack of intensity at u21 level, where he is playing at Hull, verses “men’s football” as he himself put it. And it took him a short while to get back up to speed.

So is the suggestion he needs to be playing men’s football but at a different club at a different level? Or shouldn’t be playing “men’s football” at all?

Personally I think he looks after himself well enough on the pitch, and will learn more up against 30 year old CBs who will be physical and deploy the tricks of the trade, than a 19year old CB who has only been up against 19 year olds…

So many u21/academy players never make it, and if it weren’t for the loan system that number would be even higher.

Personally I was a bit on the fence when Sandat signed for us again, I knew he had potential but was it too soon I wondered? In our current situation with no strikers though and Sandat knowing how we play etc, it made perfect sense.

Now however, I've completely changed my mind. I think he's played really well! He's caused problems for the other teams defenses, scored one and should have had more. The finish the other day was top drawer, took his time and slotted it home with the calmness of a much older more experienced player. I think he could have big potential and a bright future ahead of him. If we could get him till the end of the season I think it would be a very good signing. Who knows, if he does well they may let him return next season as well.

We need different types of strikers (or different pairings) for different games & different parts of games don't we?

Having said that when we have such limited options then I would think it is the management who need to decide on the style of play and formation to get the best from the strikers on the pitch.

Once we have more striker options I would think the pendulum would swing more towards selecting the players best suited to the way the management wants the team to play.

Sandat offers something different to Cards, Kanu or Kabo.

Personally I was a bit on the fence when Sandat signed for us again, I knew he had potential but was it too soon I wondered? In our current situation with no strikers though and Sandat knowing how we play etc, it made perfect sense.

Now however, I've completely changed my mind. I think he's played really well! He's caused problems for the other teams defenses, scored one and should have had more. The finish the other day was top drawer, took his time and slotted it home with the calmness of a much older more experienced player. I think he could have big potential and a bright future ahead of him. If we could get him till the end of the season I think it would be a very good signing. Who knows, if he does well they may let him return next season as well.
He's played well with Brooklyn along side him - which is why he and Cardwell would potentially pair up well. He's played fairly badly when he was up front with Vilhete - being the target man doesn't suit him. If we're recruiting someone to play alongside Sandat (which we might not be as he's not our player) we need to bear this in mind.

I cannot believe that some people are questioning this kids ability. Is he the finished product? No, so of course he isn’t the long term answer but he is certainly part of the working out.

He will get better and better. Right now, he is playing his part in this team and is starting to show some moments of maturity. Perhaps against Barnet was a little fish out of the water at times but also as has been pointed out had moments in those games that went against him.

On Saturday, clearly with a full weeks training he looked much more composed and was involved in numerous aspects of our build up. He come short for the ball and helped retain possession as well playing off of the shoulder as shown for his goal.

Some fans need to remember some of our strikers in years gone by and then compare…remember Dave Morley and Phil Whelan having to play up front?! We’ve moved on since then thankfully!

I cannot believe that some people are questioning this kids ability. Is he the finished product? No, so of course he isn’t the long term answer but he is certainly part of the working out.

He will get better and better. Right now, he is playing his part in this team and is starting to show some moments of maturity. Perhaps against Barnet was a little fish out of the water at times but also as has been pointed out had moments in those games that went against him.

On Saturday, clearly with a full weeks training he looked much more composed and was involved in numerous aspects of our build up. He come short for the ball and helped retain possession as well playing off of the shoulder as shown for his goal.

Some fans need to remember some of our strikers in years gone by and then compare…remember Dave Morley and Phil Whelan having to play up front?! We’ve moved on since then thankfully!
It truly is laughable isn't it and you worry about peoples knowledge of the game when they question a local teenage kid, playing the majority of games up on his own and or with a defender alongside him who has scored 2 goals, and had stone wall penalty denied to him!.

Give the lad a break, he wear his heart on his sleeve and is doing a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back