• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I am wrong but can’t help thinking that the kings Lyn statement was worded in such a way to advertise that Adam Crowther will be sold to Southend this week unless anyone else comes in with a better offer. In other words bid now or it will be too late.

I can’t see any other reason why
a) they would release any statement
b) the statement had no mention of who he was being sold to.

I might be on my own with this thought - but I am actually pleased that the fresh delve into the transfer market has been so patient and slow. There has been frustration that new recruits haven't flooded into the Hall - but we've been in a position before where we were desperate for improvement and ended up with bodies instead who didn't make the team better and often added to the medical team's duties. The Phil Brown era second time round was prime example. There appears to be a transfer policy about new additions and this is being adhered to - immediate improvement or future investment. With the new investment it would have been easy to approach cast offs from league 1 and 2 or free agents to fill spaces on the bench ... But the fact we are still light but being very picky is music to my ears.

I am genuinely in the belief that we still could make a late push for the play offs but even if unsuccessful we will be building a squad to genuinely threaten next season. If there are no transfers before the weekend because we are being diligent, and not being over indulgent with wages to get the right deal for our club with the right player, then so be it. Patience is a virtue and our activity since smashing our way out of the embargo is an indicator that our club is going to be run properly. Wonderful news.

I hope I am wrong but can’t help thinking that the Kings Lynn statement was worded in such a way to advertise that Adam Crowther will be sold to Southend this week unless anyone else comes in with a better offer. In other words bid now or it will be too late.

........... as above. I think it is all bit odd & smells of pickle. Hope I am wrong.

I hope I am wrong but can’t help thinking that the kings Lyn statement was worded in such a way to advertise that Adam Crowther will be sold to Southend this week unless anyone else comes in with a better offer. In other words bid now or it will be too late.

Think that smacks of 2+2=5 especially with Chris Phillips doing a story on it as well. Seemed quite clear to me.

What's everyone's prediction at what time Adam Crowther gets announced? I'm going 5pm
Well, there certainly wasn't any sign of a corner flag at 15:00hrs which was my secret prediction. Little boy in me still waiting. I hope it all hurries up, including a forward, as I'm fed up with finding my sad boy picture.

1950s-sad-boy-looking-outside-through-rainy-window-AAM3EW.jpg

I would guess kevin now knows what his budget is for the rest of this season .HE will only bring in players that will aid the squad he has now .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back