• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilly and Brush to Brighton

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1226639/Brighton-appoint-Chelsea-Spurs-star-Gus-Poyet-new-mananger.html

Poyet it is - everyone relax now (until we start speculating about the Posh job - Fry is a long-time admirer of Tilly!)

Phew - I personally reckon Peterborough will go for a "name" maybe Curbishley or even Boothroyd....

EDIT - BBC are only saying he's been interviewed and is the leading contender though, not that he is DEFINITELY the new manager.

Phew - I personally reckon Peterborough will go for a "name" maybe Curbishley or even Boothroyd....

EDIT - BBC are only saying he's been interviewed and is the leading contender though, not that he is DEFINITELY the new manager.

Unlike the local newspaper:

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/4730428.Poyet_confirmed_as_Albion_s_new_manager/

The Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/nov/10/gus-poyet-brighton-steve-coppell

And the club's own website!:

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/page/Latest/0,,10433~1871954,00.html

The Peterborouh one worries more than most. Fry, despite his protestations to the contrary has alwys gone out of his way to put one over us. It's fairly local, CCC and apparently they have a big budget.

However Tilly may view it as not being a safe job, if they can boot Ferguson, who IIRC Fry was asking for millions in compensation in the summer then no manager will be safe if they are relegated at the end of the season. Whatever Ron Martin has done recently is in many ways made up for in his confidence in not only retaining Tilly but extending his contract.

Hopefully Posh will look elsewhere.

It's not BS. Brighton want T&B. That doesn't necessarily mean that they will go. If we don't go into admin RM can refuse them permission. It will all depend if they want to go or not. But I repeat T&B ARE Brighton's #1 target.

Well it would seem that it is BS. No approach made and the only rumours seem to have come from certain message boards, and posters making up the rumours.

The Peterborouh one worries more than most. Fry, despite his protestations to the contrary has alwys gone out of his way to put one over us. It's fairly local, CCC and apparently they have a big budget.

However Tilly may view it as not being a safe job, if they can boot Ferguson, who IIRC Fry was asking for millions in compensation in the summer then no manager will be safe if they are relegated at the end of the season. Whatever Ron Martin has done recently is in many ways made up for in his confidence in not only retaining Tilly but extending his contract.

Hopefully Posh will look elsewhere.

Why sack one manager for failing to keep a team in the CCC and appoint one who got a team relegated.

Tilson has no pedigree at that level and see no reason why they would want him.

As pointed out elsewhere, Peterborough have ideas far above their station (ie they reckon they'll get to the Prem) .. sorry (well thankfully actually) but Tilly isn't the man to take them there, they will go for someone with experience of getting out of the CCC the right way (Coppell perhaps)

EDIT: Or what J_M said (damn refresh button was on strike)

Not one to pass on rumour, in fact don't think I ever have on here. But, when we go into administration Brighton will approach Mr Admin man and ask to speak with T&B who will then be appointed by Monday as the Seagulls management duo.

Absolute rubbish once again.
Now all we have to do is wait for the next manager to be sacked and see what sucker comes up with ''I've heard a rumour''.

Not one to pass on rumour, in fact don't think I ever have on here. But, when we go into administration Brighton will approach Mr Admin man and ask to speak with T&B who will then be appointed by Monday as the Seagulls management duo.

Gus Poyet has been appointed manager of Brighton.

Brighton and Hove Albion have just confirmed to me that the Tilson link is just speculation - and at no time have the club sought permission to speak to him. Nor will they be.

More in Southend Radio news at 1 :)

Chris Phillips is a ****. He's run a story based on nothing other than rumour on here and The Argus, it's been rubbished by Southend and yet he still claimed it was fact. His one man war against the Club is pathetic and damaging and perhaps had he not burned his bridges he'd be in the know still himself rather than having to write about sensationalist rumours.

Chris Phillips is a ****. He's run a story based on nothing other than rumour on here and The Argus, it's been rubbished by Southend and yet he still claimed it was fact. His one man war against the Club is pathetic and damaging and perhaps had he not burned his bridges he'd be in the know still himself rather than having to write about sensationalist rumours.

I think it's got to the stage where he'll do anything to keep him in a job. The Echo is going down the pan, and as you say he's burnt all his bridges so he won't get an inside scoop.

Back