• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilly and Brush to Brighton

So he's run a story with lots of quotes from Paul Clark and yet again you're having a go at him? You seem to forget he is a fan first and foremost, he was down the Shrimpers with us sticking labels on buckets and helping out - he's doing his blooming job ffs!

So he's run a story with lots of quotes from Paul Clark and yet again you're having a go at him? You seem to forget he is a fan first and foremost, he was down the Shrimpers with us sticking labels on buckets and helping out - he's doing his blooming job ffs!

Tbh I couldn't believe the story was on the back page of The Echo, it was a rumour nothing more nothing less.

just because he's a Shrimper and is good at sticking doesn't make him a good journo

His job is to report the news. This was a rumour. There is a huge difference. If he had any evidence then fair enough but to me it doesn't look like he did. The Paul Clark quotes were stolen from The Argus and were an opinion piece and certainly didn't confirm the rumour at all. The last thing we all needed after the last week was a harmful, depressing rumour and for The Echo to run this story is the single worst piece of journalism that I can recall.

His job is to report the news. This was a rumour. There is a huge difference. If he had any evidence then fair enough but to me it doesn't look like he did. The Paul Clark quotes were stolen from The Argus and were an opinion piece and certainly didn't confirm the rumour at all. The last thing we all needed after the last week was a harmful, depressing rumour and for The Echo to run this story is the single worst piece of journalism that I can recall.

Beefy I usually think you talk sense but not on ths occasion. The Echo is not a broadsheet national, it's a tabloid local paper. He's doing exactly what it says on the tin. Bollocks. Like the Sun, the mirror, the Sport.

Beefy I usually think you talk sense but not on ths occasion. The Echo is not a broadsheet national, it's a tabloid local paper. He's doing exactly what it says on the tin. Bollocks. Like the Sun, the mirror, the Sport.

so therefore it's worse that Phillips is apparently a Southend fan?
If I was a fan I wouldn't get a job which required me to write bollocks about my club.

Last edited:

I expect a story about Peterborough going after Tilly tomorrow then.

The last thing we all needed after the last week was a harmful, depressing rumour and for The Echo to run this story is the single worst piece of journalism that I can recall.

And there folks, in a nutshell, sums up why i (and doubtless many others) no longer buy the grotty rag ... and i'll have to spend an hour trying to re-assure my old man that its all bollocks (as usual)

No change there then Lee! Personally I will be getting all my news from the club from now on because they always tell the whole truth.

Back