• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilly and Brush to Brighton

The Argus (local paper in Brighton) this morning says Tilson is on a shortlist of four - along with Steve Cotterill, Gus Poyet and one unnamed manager currently in a job.

However the paper also says Tilson would be lined up with Peter Taylor as his assistant, as Taylor told the paper last week he'd be happy to be an assistant at this time in his career...

Yuk, we get left with Brushy then! :(

I do hope this is wrong, but everyone has their price. All of the above seems to assume he would not be getting a pay rise, or not much of one. How good is his pay now -I have no idea and its none of my buisness, but if he offer is high enough who knows. Alternatively he may actually feel that hs owes the club, Ron gave him his big chance, he has let him spend money in the past which hasn't always been sucessfull, and lastly as already noted he gave him a a new contract when others wanted him sacked.

Ron will block any approach for T&B from Brighton anyhow, and Tilly wouldnt want to go the to faggotts club anyhow. Non starter no matter what Brighton want

i wouldnt blame tilson for leaving he may get a chairman who isnt a lieing untrustworthy pric*k

No he'll get one who sacks his manager 15 games into a season. Ron may be many things but he's stuck by Tilly when others would have sacked him, and that counts for alot.

quote......."I would expect someone to be in place by the weekend."
....................just when you thought that you had finished sweating the week away with the threat of administration.........we've got to suffer another few days of discomfort. I would have thought that it was unlikely but for all the reasons people have mentioned already, it can't be completely discounted.

quote......."I would expect someone to be in place by the weekend."
....................just when you thought that you had finished sweating the week away with the threat of administration.........we've got to suffer another few days of discomfort. I would have thought that it was unlikely but for all the reasons people have mentioned already, it can't be completely discounted.

No cant be discounted but really not feeling any discomfort either.

Just dont see that Tilson is high profile enough and for me is a proven league one manager and I think they want more.

The Argus says ...

Steve Cotterill has emerged as one of four leading contenders to become Albion's next manager.

Interviews have been arranged with two currently out-of-work candidates.

The Argus understands they are former Seagulls loan signing Cotterill and ex-Spurs No. 2 Gus Poyet.

Cotterill, 45, has been out of work since leaving Burnley two years ago.

He has also managed Stoke and Charlton and was Howard Wilkinson's assistant at Sunderland.

Cotterill and Poyet face competition from two men currently in work, one of them Southend manager Steve Tilson.

Scunthorpe boss Nigel Adkins and Motherwell chief Jim Gannon remain high on chairman Tony Bloom's wanted list.

Mark Venus, the Celtic and former West Brom No. 2, could be another surprise contender.

Opinion on their boards is mixed on Tilson - they do appear to be under the delusion that they are a bigger club than us though...

Opinion on their boards is mixed on Tilson - they do appear to be under the delusion that they are a bigger club than us though...

Poyet would seem to suit their delusions of grandeur and desire for a high profile better than Tilly.

I am surprised there was any football chat on their boards - most of it is about what records they listen to as they do their hair -

epic fail .

I'm afraid not. The Monday appointment would have been as a result of us going into administration. Then Brighton would have been saved the rigmarole of going through an official approach to RM. We have (for the time being) staved off administration, therefore Brighton will have to go through official channels. Expect more later this week.

It will, ultimately, be up to RM to stand in T&B's way. Or up to T&B to tender their resignations. Hopefully, they will not want to leave, but who really knows?

So get yourselves over to the Help for Heroes match on Wednesday and let them know we don't want them to go!!!

Back