• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilly and Brush to Brighton

Thats pretty interesting too as he hasnt been mentioned in the press has he? Thought it was just rumours on SZ and the Brighton fans site.

Could be no coincidence then with the timing of the "I love managing Southend" statement released earlier?! Hmmmm....

i read that article as i love managing. Not i love managing southend

tbh i dont think this one has much legs

I'm no expert on betting but I just had a quick trawl around tinterweb after googling 'odds on new brighton manager' and the first couple of sites that come up list around a dozen names from the likes of Gus Poyet / Steve Cotterill at the top at something like 3-1, down to Tony Adams & Gareth Southgate at 20-1. No mention of Tilly and/or Brush anywhere..

I'm no expert on betting but I just had a quick trawl around tinterweb after googling 'odds on new brighton manager' and the first couple of sites that come up list around a dozen names from the likes of Gus Poyet / Steve Cotterill at the top at something like 3-1, down to Tony Adams & Gareth Southgate at 20-1. No mention of Tilly and/or Brush anywhere..

I've been doing the same, Tilson 11/4 favourite with Victor Chandler apparently...

Probably just picking up rumours off the Brighton fans site! Heck maybe they are even monitoring this thread!

I think a few fingers were burnt when Coppell ruled himself out.

As ShrimperZone is one of the busiest forums outside the Prem we have lots of watchers including SUFC. I am sure we are a permanent fixture on more than one PC at Roots Hall, hence questions asked on the Zone quickly get a reply with an article on the Official Site.

And hence all the quotes from our "spokesperson" in the press of late too! ;)

The only thing that worries me is my Brighton supporting mate tells me Brightons chairman is best mates with the owner of Vic Chandlers.....

From the Brighton paper the Argus
One of five mentioned......

Albion are torn between big names and contenders with proven records in the lower divisions after Steve Coppell ruled himself out of the running for the manager’s job.
The Argus understands at least one high profile former player has expressed an interest.
But a head-turning appointment could be a gamble and chairman Tony Bloom may plump for a more solid candidate.
Jim Gannon, Colin Calderwood, Nigel Adkins, Gus Poyet and Steve Tilson are among the names under consideration.

When I posted this thread it was not fishing or a wind-up, but an honest assessment of a rumour. One that, I am afraid, has legs. I would be surprised if RM let Tilly speak with them, now we have (or have we?) avoided administration. However, Brighton are very serious in wanting T&B, as they knew all along that Coppell wouldn't be interested.

Expect unhappy developments early next week.

When I posted this thread it was not fishing or a wind-up, but an honest assessment of a rumour. One that, I am afraid, has legs. I would be surprised if RM let Tilly speak with them, now we have (or have we?) avoided administration. However, Brighton are very serious in wanting T&B, as they knew all along that Coppell wouldn't be interested.

Is this from something you've heard or your supposition? Trying not to get too wound up by this, which is after all another rumour thread in a long line of them over the last two weeks :stunned:

As ShrimperZone is one of the busiest forums outside the Prem we have lots of watchers including SUFC. I am sure we are a permanent fixture on more than one PC at Roots Hall, hence questions asked on the Zone quickly get a reply with an article on the Official Site.

Question to the club then...

Why is there no update if the money has been paid? treating us like ***** again SUFC? nothing new there eh!

Question to the club then...

Why is there no update if the money has been paid? treating us like ***** again SUFC? nothing new there eh!

Probably everyone is at the Champagne Chinese restaurant in Westcliff eating all you can for £12 and no-one will leave to post an update until they have eaten themselves sick.

cant see it. there is a famous quote that man spends 99% of his life worrying about things that never happen. This week should be a slap in the face to lots of people on here to just cheer up and start enjoying themselves. Lifes too short !

I look forward to mocking you when this is proved to be bs!

It's not BS. Brighton want T&B. That doesn't necessarily mean that they will go. If we don't go into admin RM can refuse them permission. It will all depend if they want to go or not. But I repeat T&B ARE Brighton's #1 target.

All we have is your word for that mate, dont think I have ever read a true "rumour" on here from a posters "source" and Tilly said on his Gills preview he loves managing here. I think the more adverse the situation the more he thrives and the better the team spirit. Ron would tell them where to go, only if Tilly resigned would this ever have legs, and he is not going to walk out on the club in such troubled financial times for the club but with the possibility of a new stadium on the horizon.

Our situation would have to be very, VERY bleak for Tilson to consider leaving the club he loves - and if he did go he'd lose the kind of job security only those at the very TOP of the game ie. Fergie/Wenger etc enjoy.

There were very strong rumours from a number of sources during the day yesterday that there is indeed, a strong possibility that this is in fact true - well Tilly, didn't hear Brush mentioned. Would one go without the other, or would this be Brushy's chance to step up to the mark?

he is not going to walk out on the club in such troubled financial times for the club but with the possibility of a new stadium on the horizon.

Bear in mind that Brighton have a new £93million stadium currently being built. Paid for totally by their chairman. No bank debts.

I guess a large playing budget will be available.

Will it take much for Tilly to walk?

Bear in mind that Brighton have a new £93million stadium currently being built. Paid for totally by their chairman. No bank debts.

I guess a large playing budget will be available.

Will it take much for Tilly to walk?

He's not in the past when he has been linked with what I would say are bigger jobs at Ipswich & Norwich.

I see Brighton as a sideways move for him, fine the new stadium might be on its way, and there might be a big budget, but it's still sideways (and lower given our respective positions). Besides which none of the above helped Adams or Slade neither of whom got a fair crack of the whip. On that criteria alone the new manager may only get 8 months to turn the place around, which is ridiculous.

Back