• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilly and Brush to Brighton

The local paper down here yesterday said Brighton have narrowed down the field and that the shortlist is headed by Jim Gannon, Nigel Adkins and Gus Poyet with Colin Calderwood as an outsider. No mention of T & B.

The local paper down here yesterday said Brighton have narrowed down the field and that the shortlist is headed by Jim Gannon, Nigel Adkins and Gus Poyet with Colin Calderwood as an outsider. No mention of T & B.

The News of the World reckons they've gone for Nigel Adkins as their number one target. To be honest, I can't see Tilly leaving us for Brighton which would be a sideways move (as long as the new stadium is indeed coming) with zero job security. Tilly is probably quite fed up here, as I would be, but he hasn't left us before (albeit when we were probably in a better financial position) for bigger clubs so I can't see him leaving us for the boys in pink.

I think he'd want to see out the season rather than dropping us in it half way through the year.

even though the state of things with the squad at the moment i still can't see tilly leaving for brighton. there no better than us, yes they may have a stadium but if they have a few bad results tilly will be sacked straight away. thats the one good thing with ron he didn't sack tilly when in a bad run. so many chairmans would have done.

even though the state of things with the squad at the moment i still can't see tilly leaving for brighton. there no better than us, yes they may have a stadium but if they have a few bad results tilly will be sacked straight away. thats the one good thing with ron he didn't sack tilly when in a bad run. so many chairmans would have done.

Agreed. Ron showed a lot of loyalty there.

It's not BS. Brighton want T&B. That doesn't necessarily mean that they will go. If we don't go into admin RM can refuse them permission. It will all depend if they want to go or not. But I repeat T&B ARE Brighton's #1 target.

Things seem to be hotting up. Dated today.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/albionnews/4727093.Tilson_in_frame_for_Albion_job/

STEVE Tilson is on the shortlist for the Albion manager's job.

The Southend chief could form a partnership with former Albion boss Peter Taylor.

They are close friends and Taylor revealed to The Argus on Friday that he would be happy at this stage of his career to be an assistant manager or coach.

Tilson, 43, has guided cash-strapped Southend to consecutive promotions into the Championship and into the League One play-offs in six years in charge at Roots Hall.

The Shrimpers have just paid off a £2 million plus tax bill to avoid going into administration.

Albion chairman Tony Bloom missed Saturday’s 4-4 FA Cup draw at Wycombe Wanderers, due to business commitments in Singapore, but he will now begin the process of talking to top contenders face-to-face.

Interviews have been arranged with two currently out-of-work candidates, one of them former Tottenham assistant Gus Poyet.

Motherwell chief Jim Gannon and Scunthorpe boss Nigel Adkins remain high on Bloom’s wanted list and The Argus understands Celtic and ex-West Brom No. 2 Mark Venus is also a contender. Former Albion midfielder John Gregory was at Saturday’s match after expressing his interest but he is not in the running.

Caretaker Martin Hinshelwood expects an appointment to be made before Sunday’s south coast derby at Southampton.

He said: “I think the chairman will be speaking to a couple of people at the beginning of the week. We’ll just take it from there. He has said he won’t rush anything but I would expect somebody will be in place by the weekend.”

I don't doubt that they may want Tilly. The question is would he want to go there and would be be allowed to leave? I can't see him handing in his resignation to go to Brighton and there doesn't seem to be any indication that an actual approach has been made to the club. I think they'll give it to a "name" and Gus Poyet would probably be my bet.

Has Tilson expressed any desire he might leave in the past 12 months?

Only reason why we wouldn't go for Tilson is because he obviously is capable of getting us to the Championship, but i don't know if he can achieve anymore than that - like with yourselves.

Sounds like you could do with a big compo payment, how long is left on tilsons current contract?

Only reason why we wouldn't go for Tilson is because he obviously is capable of getting us to the Championship, but i don't know if he can achieve anymore than that - like with yourselves.

I think Brightons Champions League ambitions will rule Steve Tilson out of the running as well.

Ummm, reality check here....

Tilly and Brush have:

1) No money to build the squad
2) Spent the last (god knows how many) weeks putting up with late or (possibly) non-payment of wages
3) Had to endure threats of administration, a threadbare squad, and no sign of any investment into the club from the chairman

Why are we surprised?

There is only so much loyalty a man can give to his club, and I wouldn't be surprised if the tank is empty....

So, many of you praised Ron for being our saviour on Friday.....This is the first real test of his ability....Can he stop advances from other clubs for our management team?

He may of came up with the cash, but without any signs of investment in the team....It hardly looks attractive to our manager in comparison with other sides with funds to build.

I wouldn't blame Tilly if he thought of leaving , it must be hard to get a team together with very few players and then hear the remarks when we lose.

T&B know that they have stability here, something that no other club can provide them. Brighton is (at best) a sideways move and they're far better than a club living on past glories as the majority of our glory days are yet to come.

Ummm, reality check here....

Tilly and Brush have:

1) No money to build the squad
2) Spent the last (god knows how many) weeks putting up with late or (possibly) non-payment of wages
3) Had to endure threats of administration, a threadbare squad, and no sign of any investment into the club from the chairman

Why are we surprised?

There is only so much loyalty a man can give to his club, and I wouldn't be surprised if the tank is empty....

I have been thinking about supporting Brighton for a while now because they are quite obviously going places.

I think they are more likely to go for someone out of the job at the mo. I would say Taylor or Poyet will get it.

Not one to pass on rumour, in fact don't think I ever have on here. But, when we go into administration Brighton will approach Mr Admin man and ask to speak with T&B who will then be appointed by Monday as the Seagulls management duo.

epic fail .

The Argus (local paper in Brighton) this morning says Tilson is on a shortlist of four - along with Steve Cotterill, Gus Poyet and one unnamed manager currently in a job.

However the paper also says Tilson would be lined up with Peter Taylor as his assistant, as Taylor told the paper last week he'd be happy to be an assistant at this time in his career...

Back