• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It was actually eight men. I believe we're the only team in the English league to score a league goal having had three players sent off.

My understanding is that we're the only team in the world to have scored from open play having had three players sent off.

To be fair on that one, they were very clear about what what you were getting (nothing) when you bought those shares. Buyer beware.

Yes there was a warning for those £6 shares, but it was the way it was done. I still have the beautiful glossy brochure. It was sold as a good investment as the Fossetts Farm development was about to start soon.

The very old steward trying to get hold of the female streaker on the pitch v Notts Forest at Roots Hall. It was hilarious as she did some cartwheels, and then he tried to get her, but stopped as he didn't know how to apprehend her(He didn't know where to put his hands).

Playing an away match in the home team's away kit because the ref decided both our kits clashed with their home kit. I think it was Barnsley, but can't be sure.

It was Burnley - on New Year's Eve and we lost 5-1. I believe Phil Gridelet scored for us but I might be wrong, [Barna]my mate and I had car trouble getting up there and only arrived at half-time. Then they wouldn't let us in.[Barna] A tremendous way to see in the New Year.

Playing an away match in the home team's away kit because the ref decided both our kits clashed with their home kit. I think it was Barnsley, but can't be sure.

On the same lines didn't we once play a home match in our away kit for similar reasons? cannot remember the match though!

The poor young girls from the west side snack bar who had to walk past the North bank and we're subjected to certain songs and chants in the 70s and early 80s... what a different world we live in now!
and don't forget the old programme seller wearing his West Spam bobble hat ....how did he get the job?

The skinhead that used to sell the half time draw tickets.

Jocky Wilson the steward (a legend who fell for "Jocky give us a wave" followed by, once he gave in, "you fat bar steward" EVERY game!)

This

shrimp1.jpg

• Tony Currie breaking his ankle getting onto the pitch and never making another league appearance.
  • comeback vs Newport County 2-0 down 15 mins left and won 4-2
  • The fog and not being able to see half the match for the cup replay versus A P Leamington (Won 4-0)
  • The postponement vs Chelsea due to non-existant fog and then the game going ahead and giving Foy so much stick as he warmed up around the pitch.
  • John Motson sitting on the roof of the West Bank in the snow vs Liverpool
  • Ipswich fans joining in the "Jobson Out protest" after they joined us on the pitch.
  • Brett Angells goal to beat Wet Spam 1-0 in the Championship
There's a few of mine.

Last edited:
Back