• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be clear I'm not saying these need to be agreed before the sale of the club can progress. I have no idea on that.
Probably does though and it's probably the main reason the takeover is dragging on..... talk about being used and abused so ratty gets his own way while Southend continue to limp on! This will drag on for sometime I think. Our situation will be testing the patience of king kev and his coaching staff.

Did we ever find out who the Canadian person was that is/was/has joined the consortium?

Would the addition of another member slow down the take over?

I don't have kids, but I imagine this whole situation feels like your child being expected on a given day but then your wife turns out to be 10 months overdue!!
I think it’s more like being annoyed at your kids and family because you’re worried about something that means an awful lot to you and you can’t do anything about it.

I wonder if there really is a hold up, or just waiting for contracts to be readied. I also wonder if any hold up is Ron hating the fact that he's about to lose control, and feels the need to string things out to show that he's in control until he decides otherwise.
🐀 Ron doesn’t want to surrender control I’m sure. Think he loves lording it over us peasants.

Probably does though and it's probably the main reason the takeover is dragging on..... talk about being used and abused so ratty gets his own way while Southend continue to limp on! This will drag on for sometime I think. Our situation will be testing the patience of king kev and his coaching staff.
I'd be pretty stunned if consortium/Ron are waiting for planning permission - that is months away given there hasn't even been an application.

I thought JR's statement was much needed the other day and seemed rather positive. I'll reiterate what I said on a previous post, I'm content to wait if it means a successful future.

However, if (and it's a big if) we are waiting for the council or for new plans to be submitted before a completion can be confirmed, that could have and should have been mentioned in his statement too. I don't think that is sensitive information and it wouldn't have upset anyone on either side. DD information is understandably kept quiet but this is information that is obvious to many. We all know that new houses are getting built on the FF stadium site, we aren't learning any secretive information if we know that we are just waiting for new plans to be submitted.

I'm just hopeful that the statement that JR put out is true and we are just waiting for legal documents to be created and not planning permission.

Council meeting to make a decision on Fossets this Thursday apparently so won't expect anything before Friday if anything was to happen
Make a decision bypassing the planning process on a revised application that is yet to be submitted? Like to know where this rumour started but can’t see it being the case.

Perhaps the council agreeing principle to the new proposal from a commercial viewpoint (as I think they did before). All be it I don’t think contracts were signed then and certainly wouldn’t be yet either.

I think this bit re waiting for the council to do/agree something is a red herring…

Last edited:
I know as fans we are at the bottom of the food chain but it has to be said, as is entirely normal at the club, there is a master class in how to not manage communication. Realistic expectation setting and candour being in short supply. The working assumption is that it’s all down to Ron playing games- that does confer a free pass..

This whole saga has dragged on for far too long.

It's great that Ron agreed to sell the club and that various people want to buy it, but this sorry affair has hammered to the team and the fans this season.

I just want to see a statement with a photo of the consortium raising a glass and setting out a 5 year plan for on and off the pitch.

With the amount Rat man and his sprog stand to make out of the property's at Fossetts. Why on earth will an extra 500 units will make much difference.
Make much difference to what? The planning permission? It's quite a big change, although I'd expect planning permission to be given. The agreement for the council to lease the properties - I'd agree not a big change.

Make much difference to what? The planning permission? It's quite a big change, although I'd expect planning permission to be given. The agreement for the council to lease the properties - I'd agree not a big change.
The council said they want to help the city football club survive. So if that is true them to help the takeover get passed the finishing post .Buy agreeing to the extra 500 homes on Fossetts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back