• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they really struggled for content in season 2 and filled it with a load of filler episodes.

I know it’s our team and I am biased but a show on us would be incredible for someone who doesn’t know our story!
I was really surprised how Dalby basically never got mentioned outside of a few bits of commentary, his struggle to break into the starting line up seemed like an obvious story to show.

Council meeting to make a decision on Fossets this Thursday apparently so won't expect anything before Friday if anything was to happen
Nothing on the agenda to that effect, so I suspect this is another rumour that has escalated from somewhere.

If the completion is dependant on Council business, then it will presumably have to be agreed by committee - and if it's not Thursday, it will be January or February at the earliest because they recess for Christmas this week.

So we wait for Rons plans before the takeover is complete?
I doubt that will be an option for the consortium and they definitely wouldn't have been talking about hoping for it to be done this quickly if that was a condition.

It's more likely to be an agreement to the principle of development of the extra houses on that site.

The recent statement by the consortium did mention 'procedural' developments being key to the completion, which would tie in with it being connected to council business. But if that is the case, as I said earlier, we're looking at the New Year, rather than an early Christmas present.

Just thinking aloud. If the 🐀 is up to his nasty plans. How long will the consortium take before they are f——d off.
I know they have invested some money already. But surely the time will come when they say enough is enough.
We know the 🐀 uses and abuses, can’t go on much longer as we are.
Just hope we get some Christmas magic from some where to get the deal done.

Just thinking aloud. If the 🐀 is up to his nasty plans. How long will the consortium take before they are f——d off.
I know they have invested some money already. But surely the time will come when they say enough is enough.
We know the 🐀 uses and abuses, can’t go on much longer as we are.
Just hope we get some Christmas magic from some where to get the deal done.
Surely the time will come when they just buy it or not …

A few people mentioning the council meeting re FF but what can they really agree without any new plans going in?
Once this meetings completed then there will be another meeting and then another meeting etc etc etc .. remember two weeks to flattery the curve … pull the ****ing trigger get the deal done

It is not new plans I think you will find its just to agree moving the 500 propertys that was to be built on rootshall
Theres 2 things the council needs to agree (1) the financial agreement to rent additional properties at FF and (2) agree planning permission for the flats to replace the stadium - that will need a new planning application - probably too major a change to amend the existing planning permission

Theres 2 things the council needs to agree (1) the financial agreement to rent additional properties at FF and (2) agree planning permission for the flats to replace the stadium - that will need a new planning application - probably too major a change to amend the existing planning permission
Surly as long as they say yes to the new homes rat man can leave the building .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back