• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly we do not have a right to know anything with regards to the sale things just because we want to and we are getting tetchy. Secondly I still believe the protests did nothing to expidite the sale of the club, do not rally back I am entitled to my opinion as you are also to which I shall not criticise you for. Thirdly it's mince pies and beer for Santa, I'm not cheap!
You are entitled to your opinion of course but If you knew how Mrs Rat and one junior were putting pressure on Rat senior, then I think you may understand more on how this sort of pressure can work. Granted, it may not have effected the grandmaster rat but there are more than one ways to skin a cat.

PS: Santa likes a 20 year old malt or did according to the old man back when I was a nipper.

Firstly we do not have a right to know anything with regards to the sale things just because we want to and we are getting tetchy. Secondly I still believe the protests did nothing to expidite the sale of the club, do not rally back I am entitled to my opinion as you are also to which I shall not criticise you for. Thirdly it's mince pies and beer for Santa, I'm not cheap!
Although it goes against the 'spiritual' conjoined nature of Supporter and Club and the morality of the situation stinks, you are correct we do not have a 'right' to know, as unpalatable as it may be! You are as you say perfectly entitled to your opinion as to the influence protests had and your right to think that way should be respected even though it's narrative is not that of the majority! Good to see that you keep 🎄 in the right manner though 🍺 🥧 🎅 👌

Bang On! That is exactly what’s gone on, and given Ron’s reputation he had to go all the way to the other side of the world to get another poor sod to bankroll his ineptness as a businessman. One day I really hope his dodgy dealings catch up with him and Jack and they find themselves inside
I just hope and pray that Justin and his merry band of men don't become yet another group strung along by the rat and finally rinsed of the monies they have already put in to keep the club afloat

We need to keep these deadlines in perspective. Our "property developer" of an owner has tried to build Fossets for 25 years and failed, and yet we expect him to be capable of completing the sale of the club within 9 months?

Hell, didn't someone mention it took the 🐀 a year to pay for his carpets for crying out loud?

When was the last time he met a deadline of any kind?

We need to lower our expectations a little.
He still owes for those carpets

I have worked in property development finance for over 20 years & worked on hundreds of schemes with S106 payments, so I am pretty well qualified to talk on this.

The payment of the £20m, is simply an amount due in the 106, like a highways contribution or an affordable housing requirement or an education payment towards a new school.

It is therefore a “fundable cost”, just like any other cost in the appraisal of the development, and would be treated no differently to any of the following; land cost, build cost, professional fees, interest, contingency etc..

If the payment was a profit share, it would be much more contentious as that would bring in the chance of people playing fast and loose.

But as it stands, it is really a simple line item in scheme with a value of £300m plus.

My guess is Rat JR wants to renegotiate it into more of a profit share paid at the end - because right now, the £20m should be paid pretty much as soon as the development starts and anyone looking at the finance of this (with half a brain) would essentially treat it as an additional land payment to facilitate the scheme.
I think you will find it is the normal Rat trick of " my word is my bond".
Best ask the Shrimpers Trust how that works out

Hey mate, whole thing is frustrating and exhausting for everyone. I think the protest group statement is a good example of that too, I think elements are slightly harsh on the consortium but we no doubt need some level of communication to put minds at ease.

As for protests, it certainly won’t do any harm in my opinion. There is no doubt that the delays have been down to the usual tricks of the Rat master and his son.

The Trust are not party to every element of the current position but certainly don’t want to jeopardise the deal in any shape or form by sharing info when asked not to. From what we are told there isn’t cause for concern at the current time but that things change quickly and it’s not to say that may not change, if something was shared that was indicating the deal and the future of Southend United was at risk, this would be shared immediately with the fan base.

It’s frustrating not to be more upfront and really hoping we can move towards a positive future soon.
The trust represent the members not the club.
They fell for that trick from Ratty are were in my opinion therefore compromised.
I hope they do not go down the same route with Justin and his merry men

I believe the surprise protest at Jack’s house, may have focussed some minds.

It certainly came as a shock & definitely ruffled feathers.

It was a short time after this little event, that the bigger strides appeared to be made with the takeover.

Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not.

I believe the surprise protest at Jack’s house, may have focussed some minds.

It certainly came as a shock & definitely ruffled feathers.

It was a short time after this little event, that the bigger strides appeared to be made with the takeover.

Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not.
If that is the case Jack would do everything to get rid but he appears to be the problem allegedly

You are entitled to your opinion of course but If you knew how Mrs Rat and one junior were putting pressure on Rat senior, then I think you may understand more on how this sort of pressure can work. Granted, it may not have effected the grandmaster rat but there are more than one ways to skin a cat.

PS: Santa likes a 20 year old malt or did according to the old man back when I was a nipper.
The junior rat who seems less involved I assume. Busy with his baubles at this time of year I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back