• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some folk reckon 'protest', others reckon 'not yet'. Both are reasonable opinions depending on your viewpoint. I thought that when we finally had the prospect of a deal happening, that all the opposition baiting on here would die away, after all we are all Blues supporters that want the best for Southend. Obviously not, sadly it was just lying dormant. Just an opinion, by the way.

Firstly we do not have a right to know anything with regards to the sale things just because we want to and we are getting tetchy. Secondly I still believe the protests did nothing to expidite the sale of the club, do not rally back I am entitled to my opinion as you are also to which I shall not criticise you for. Thirdly it's mince pies and beer for Santa, I'm not cheap!
How much longer are you willing to apply this logic for? If in 3 months time we’ve still heard nothing, would you still say we don’t have a right to know?

How much longer are you willing to apply this logic for? If in 3 months time we’ve still heard nothing, would you still say we don’t have a right to know?
We have no legal right to know. It would be good PR to keep fans updated but not if the negotiations are at a sensitive stage. Imagine if Justin made a public statement inferring that the problem was with RM, all it would do is jeopardise the deal. Better to conduct your negotiations in private and go public after the deal is signed and sealed if you want to have a go at the previous regime. My guess is that no comment will be made on any part of the negotiations before or after the deal is concluded.

If the deal is not concluded fairly soon. Before we know it, another cash injection will be needed to meet wages.
Are the consortium prepared to do it Yet again?. The 🐀 is enjoying the suffering he’s inflicted upon us and stringing along the consortium.
With Ronald 🐀 it’s all about control.
Someone many years ago said to me that the world is mainly made up of Givers and Takers. We all know where the 🐀 falls.

If the deal is not concluded fairly soon. Before we know it, another cash injection will be needed to meet wages.
Are the consortium prepared to do it Yet again?. The 🐀 is enjoying the suffering he’s inflicted upon us and stringing along the consortium.
With Ronald 🐀 it’s all about control.
Someone many years ago said to me that the world is mainly made up of Givers and Takers. We all know where the 🐀 falls.
Remember no taxes have been paid yet again … and Ron’s still happily taking money out of the club whilst the consortium are left holding the baby like I said in an earlier post Ron’s simply found another Tara Brady or PG site services for now

Firstly we do not have a right to know anything with regards to the sale things just because we want to and we are getting tetchy. Secondly I still believe the protests did nothing to expidite the sale of the club, do not rally back I am entitled to my opinion as you are also to which I shall not criticise you for. Thirdly it's mince pies and beer for Santa, I'm not cheap.
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

He ain't the enemy though - if you're trying to get someone onside or give you a statement, I don't think the way to do it is by insulting them. If I was him I'd read that and be seriously reconsidering if I wanted to be involved
In the dirty, grubby world of football, which is pretty corrupt at every level from the U7's upwards, serious businessmen who are seen as the saviours by so many and who are providing several million quid to buy and then run a National League side punching well below its weight are highly unlikely to be reconsidering their commitment because of a few words from a frustrated fan on a fans forum.

They are, however, much more likely to be reconsidering matters if, for instance, they found a skeleton or two in the closet that won't go away and which will impact on the profit that they ultimately hope to make.

Make no mistake; they are not buying this to do us a favour. They are buying this because one, day, when we will be back punching at or above our weight, they want to make a return.

In the same way that Ron Martin, when he bought us and was seen as a bit of a saviour back then and who we all called "Uncle Ron", was wanting to make a ton of money from the land and development. But he had hoped to deliver a new stadium for us. It is two sides of the same coin.

However, we are where we are and as we don't have any wealthy benefactors or lifelong fans with millions to lose, we have to take what we can and as I've said before, if I were buying this club I would want to be 100% certain of what I was getting. That sort of Those words are banned takes a while and buying a club like ours is not like buying a car, or even a house.

Their commitment to paying the wages and keeping us afloat in the short term will be peanuts in comparison to potential losses if they buy a "dud".

I'm confident at the moment that it will go through, I don't know and frankly don't care when but obviously asap would be preferable. I will not be worried unless key personnel like Tom Lawrence and the management team jump ship, or if the consortium, mainly made up of a lot of local businessmen who are also fans and who have some skin in the game starts to fall apart. Whilst they are there and in place, I will rest easy, but will keep the champagne on ice until the deal is done.

In the dirty, grubby world of football, which is pretty corrupt at every level from the U7's upwards, serious businessmen who are seen as the saviours by so many and who are providing several million quid to buy and then run a National League side punching well below its weight are highly unlikely to be reconsidering their commitment because of a few words from a frustrated fan on a fans forum.

They are, however, much more likely to be reconsidering matters if, for instance, they found a skeleton or two in the closet that won't go away and which will impact on the profit that they ultimately hope to make.

Make no mistake; they are not buying this to do us a favour. They are buying this because one, day, when we will be back punching at or above our weight, they want to make a return.

In the same way that Ron Martin, when he bought us and was seen as a bit of a saviour back then and who we all called "Uncle Ron", was wanting to make a ton of money from the land and development. But he had hoped to deliver a new stadium for us. It is two sides of the same coin.

However, we are where we are and as we don't have any wealthy benefactors or lifelong fans with millions to lose, we have to take what we can and as I've said before, if I were buying this club I would want to be 100% certain of what I was getting. That sort of Those words are banned takes a while and buying a club like ours is not like buying a car, or even a house.

Their commitment to paying the wages and keeping us afloat in the short term will be peanuts in comparison to potential losses if they buy a "dud".

I'm confident at the moment that it will go through, I don't know and frankly don't care when but obviously asap would be preferable. I will not be worried unless key personnel like Tom Lawrence and the management team jump ship, or if the consortium, mainly made up of a lot of local businessmen who are also fans and who have some skin in the game starts to fall apart. Whilst they are there and in place, I will rest easy, but will keep the champagne on ice until the deal is done.
Excellent post.

You do realise you have just made me overdose on the rationality and sensibility of your post!

Wise words indeed 👍

Reactions: fbm
I think maybe some on hear should choose there words carefuly .It seemes to me that Justin and the concortium want th same as we all do .But the vthe bad world of ron martin and his family . Sooner or later there crooked world will come crashing around them . Like many have said cut Justin a bit of slack he is not our Then to lead us astray give the guy a chance dont push away the golden goose .

We have no legal right to know. It would be good PR to keep fans updated but not if the negotiations are at a sensitive stage. Imagine if Justin made a public statement inferring that the problem was with RM, all it would do is jeopardise the deal. Better to conduct your negotiations in private and go public after the deal is signed and sealed if you want to have a go at the previous regime. My guess is that no comment will be made on any part of the negotiations before or after the deal is concluded.
When did I say we have a legal right to know?

I am not saying that the consortium should be telling us about everything that’s going on. I’m just pointing out that there’s a limit to how long people will be willing to wait on the premise that ‘they have no right to know’ before starting up protests etc again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back