• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there s all this money floting about .Who paid for the new exec box Who paid for the new tv s and the tea bar .Was it ron or was it the deal aggreed by the concortium .

looking at the table underlines the importance of the performances against Chesterfield and Gateshead, both of which we might have been expected to lose, which would have seen us on 21 points and in 21st place !

The way we have been playing i have been concentrating on how close we are to the play offs and while I am confident we will be nowhere near relegation at the end of the season it’s a sobering thought how close we still are to the relegation places !

looking at the table underlines the importance of the performances against Chesterfield and Gateshead, both of which we might have been expected to lose, which would have seen us on 21 points and in 21st place !

The way we have been playing i have been concentrating on how close we are to the play offs and while I am confident we will be nowhere near relegation at the end of the season it’s a sobering thought how close we still are to the relegation places !
This is also concerning me. We're pulling up trees, tonking Solihull 5-0, beating the runaway league leaders, and getting one of the toughest away points in the league at Gateshead, and still we're only 3 points above the drop zone.

The play-offs are a nice fantasy but the reality is our main concern is staying clear of the bottom 4 as its still frighteningly close. In fact even with all the hard earned points we've picked up, we're nearer the drop zone and further from the play-offs than we were 4 or 5 games ago. We can't get complacent. We need that embargo lifted now, these players can't keep going like they are. We will get more injuries and suspensions and we all know what happens when we have to start putting youth players in the team.

The takeover really shouldn't be dragging on.... what's ron really got to gain by hanging on now, he got what he wanted now. I'm starting to think maybe it's not ron who holding this takeover up. Maybe it's the consortium, maybe they aren't that serious about buying Southend. Mess as always with this club!
i can assure you this is definitely not the case...Jack Martin (more than Ron , if its possible ! ) is the problem .

I guess RM is enjoying all the incoming money ...

While SUFC fans and the Trust have fiddled about Ron Martins company has received

approx
GBP 700 k in season ticket money
GBP 700 k in advertising and sponsorship

players sales incl - Hull City
match day cash from bars/hospitality
match day ticket sales - incl, visiting.

easily north of GBP 2 m ..

You would like to think in the meantime the CEO and/or other company directors would make sure none of this cash has left company ... hahahahhahahahaha - do pigs fly ?

Does anyone know what this means
@BlueDavegit I would imagine the accounts are massively overdue. I know that's a difficult concept to imagine with Ratface but it's the most likely reason.

Companies House just get bored of sending out reminders & say well if you don't want the company to continue by telling us what you've been up to we'll assume you aren't operating & just delete it. That's sort of it.

Theoretically any assets the company has could be forfeited to the Crown & its directors can potentially be held personally liable for any debts incurred. Without looking I'd imagine MD has precious little in the way of assets & large debt which is tied up in the spiders web of Rat Turds other companies.

Last edited:
The takeover really shouldn't be dragging on.... what's ron really got to gain by hanging on now, he got what he wanted now. I'm starting to think maybe it's not ron who holding this takeover up. Maybe it's the consortium, maybe they aren't that serious about buying Southend. Mess as always with this club!
It’s got nothing to do with the consortium holding things up, the only ones responsible for any delays is due to the actions of two men, Ron and Jack Martin.

It certainly didn’t help that Ron had to change solicitors halfway through this sale process, a decision that wasn’t Ron’s choice either.

The decision was made by the solicitors to stop representing Ron and It wasn’t for unpaid bills this time either. I’ll leave it up to you as to why you think that was, but from what I hear Ron’s being a very naughty boy and they no longer wanted to represent him!

I have no doubt Justin and the consortium are acting in a professional and honourable manor, unfortunately the same can’t be said for Ron and Jack Martin, who are lying, stealing and cheating their way through this whole sale process!!

Last edited:
It’s got nothing to do with the consortium holding things up, the only person responsible for any delays is due to the actions of two men, Ron and Jack Martin.

It certainly didn’t help that Ron had to change solicitors halfway through this sale process, a decision that wasn’t Ron’s choice either.

The decision was made by the solicitors to stop representing Ron and It wasn’t for unpaid bills this time either. I’ll leave it up to you as to why you think that was, but from what I hear Ron’s being a very naughty boy and they no longer wanted to represent him!

I have no doubt Justin and the consortium are acting in a professional and honourable manor, unfortunately the same can’t be said for Ron and Jack Martin, who are lying, stealing and cheating their way through this whole sale process!!
Now why does this seem entirely plausable?

If I was to make an educated guess, someone like Ron would probably think they know better than their own legal reps and make the sale process more difficult/worse as a result.

It concerns me that something has been unearthed in DD and given Rons comments at the EGM that 'terms will not be changed' perhaps points towards a bit of a sticking point. Did he not also suggest that the deal could be done within days of the EGM?
Silience could also mean that dull final paperwork is being done before being announced?
Hopefully the latter.
As the consortium are only paying £1, I can imagine Rat saying something like “well you can’t pay any less for it, so get on with it”.

But if they have unearthed day another £200k of issues, it is reasonable for the guys to want the Rat to clear the new issues before they take over.

At some point the consortium are either going to have to buy it - or walk away, this limbo position cannot continue indefinitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back