• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished listening to Today's edition of Podcast and the view expressed on there was that there was a hold up on the payment on the £20m and how that is being scheduled and the consortium wanting the binding assurances in place to complete.

It was quoted as coming from sources close to the deal, if correct and those assurances aren't forthcoming, then for me that is a worry.
That's exactly what it is and in their shoes I would also want it watertight given the rat's previous.

Just finished listening to Today's edition of Podcast and the view expressed on there was that there was a hold up on the payment on the £20m and how that is being scheduled and the consortium wanting the binding assurances in place to complete.

It was quoted as coming from sources close to the deal, if correct and those assurances aren't forthcoming, then for me that is a worry.
This £20m is the one thing that bothered me since first hearing about it.
RM will not have it until all the houses at FP are built and sold.
That could take 2 years from now.
If RM had any money he would have paid HMRC. We would not have lost the 10 points and the deal would have been struck ages ago.
Stop speculating and hold on tight.

I had assumed that it would be part of the s106 planning agreement - but that'll be months away at the earliest - so I guess not - or perhaps an interim agreement until planning is given and s106 agreed?

That was also mentioned Saturday

Nail.On.Head.

Should be a protest organised outside his house before the game on Saturday. He cannot be allowed to relax otherwise he will **** us

I can understand the frustration in not knowing what's going on as to the current status of the takeover.I understand that JR is due to attend our game this Saturday so we may get some insite then

I have long held the opinion that the terms of the 🐀 20m contribution to the redevelopment of RH would not be a deal braker. If the Consortium were dependent and reliant then it would have been a lot higher in the takeover tick box list. Yes the Consortium will look to legally screw the 🐀 familys accountability down to the best terms for the Club for sure, hence the reference to scheduling as the 🐀 12th of Never approach needs to be eliminated from the probables.
Yes brinkmanship on both sides is at play but at this stage we just have to have faith and unfortunately more than a fair share of patience in the Consortium's chosen approach.

I have long held the opinion that the terms of the 🐀 20m contribution to the redevelopment of RH would not be a deal braker. If the Consortium were dependent and reliant then it would have been a lot higher in the takeover tick box list. Yes the Consortium will look to legally screw the 🐀 familys accountability down to the best terms for the Club for sure, hence the reference to scheduling as the 🐀 12th of Never approach needs to be eliminated from the probables.
Yes brinkmanship on both sides is at play but at this stage we just have to have faith and unfortunately more than a fair share of patience in the Consortium's chosen approach.
I have every faith in the consortium delivering what they say , i have less then zero faith in the rat sticking to any agreed terms re the 20mill.

CP's recent tweet indicates things are very close now. He stated "Takeover is still on course too. Not many things to sort now". Hopefully this gives people confidence that rumours the deal has stalled or has big issues that those are wide of the mark. Lets hope it is done soon,

I have every faith in the consortium delivering what they say , i have less then zero faith in the rat sticking to any agreed terms re the 20mill.
Will it get to the point where the consortium decide enough is enough and just cut ties with Ron altogether? The longer this game plays out the harder it gets for Kev and Co. But then the consortium have come so far now you would assume they wont want to pull out so is it a case of who breaks first?

Binding assurances and RM are not happy bedfellows in any sentence. No wonder the Consortium are holding his feet to the flames. Can see this rumbling on for a while yet. Or is it son Jack and his cohort who are playing hardball? Either way the lifting of the embargo seems a way off too. And the playing resources are ever more thinly stretched. Argh!!!!

This £20m is the one thing that bothered me since first hearing about it.
RM will not have it until all the houses at FP are built and sold.
That could take 2 years from now.
If RM had any money he would have paid HMRC. We would not have lost the 10 points and the deal would have been struck ages ago.
Stop speculating and hold on tight.
2 decades more likely.

I do believe Justin has been paying the last few months wages, he is in the fire now, As far as RM goes with his statement of "the Hots are set in stone" if we do not get this over the line soon then it will be admin and all but the rat will lose out. He has no care about the club it actulaly makes no difference to him where he builds houses.

The council are our only hope there and they need to apply pressure.

Yes John, faith and the 🐀 just don't belong in the same sentence. For me it's all about the Consortium establishing the best post takeover legal position possible If and more likely when the 🐀 defaults on the agreed payments.

No matter what guarantee Ron gives or signs, he will NEVER pay £20 million back to the club.

There’s a very long list that Ron owes money to, a list which I might add is still growing with some very large figures on. This £20 million will just be added to that list as never paid back I’m afraid.

The guy is ruthless and doesn’t have a conscience. Might as well write that money off now to save the disappointment in the future!

Last edited:
No matter what guarantee Ron gives or signs, he will NEVER pay £20 million back to the club.

There’s a very long list of money that Ron owes money to, a list which I might add is still growing with some very large figures on. This £20 million will just be added to that list as never paid back I’m afraid.

The guy is ruthless and doesn’t have a conscience. Might as well write that money off now to save the disappointment in the future!
Yes about 39 million of borrowings on the land at FF and RH. That is a serious position for him if the council play hard ball.

Anybody with an ounce of sense going on the rats track record would want guarantee's in stone over the 20 mill.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back