• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawyers will work over Christmas if they’re paid to do so. If there’s pressure and desire to get things sorted next week the then there’s no reason it can’t. The only sticking point will be money transfers on the bank holidays.

Even if the money is not processed, providing the club can show the funds and that it's in process ie paid pending transfer, then I'd like to think the national League will accept that as payment and lower the embargo.

We are now talking hours and days rather than weeks and months.

This has never been so close and soon we will all be thinking about how the club and us as fans survived the last few years misery.

Out time in the sun is approaching.

We can hopefully be the next Luton, Lincoln etc.

Even if the money is not processed, providing the club can show the funds and that it's in process ie paid pending transfer, then I'd like to think the national League will accept that as payment and lower the embargo.

We are now talking hours and days rather than weeks and months.

This has never been so close and soon we will all be thinking about how the club and us as fans survived the last few years misery.

Out time in the sun is approaching.

We can hopefully be the next Luton, Lincoln etc.
Thanks for bringing home just how far we've fallen.

things are very close .But how close .We have been told this time and time again I would love to beleve we will hear before the boxing day fixture .But somehow i doubt this will happen . iI would love to be proved wrong .
Thought you were going to just wait and see what happens and when?

This whole situation I can only liken to the feeling Grimsby away when word spread that Swansea had conceded ... and after mass hysteria we found out it wasn't the case - awful feeling. The following year we had the same away to Swansea - Brentford really did concede and it was party time. Ironically that was at the Liberty - something we all crave right now. Let's hope we get that very soon because it is draining.

I guess the silver lining with both of these comparisons was that eventually good things happen.

Note the language. 'May' not 'will'. I suspect it is what the parties are hoping for, but let's not get carried away. We still might very well be marching on to Kiddie with a bare 11, Sunday league stylee

Any chance we could play one of the players family members or mates under someone else’s name too? That’s proper Sunday league stuff.

For those who can’t see the tweet

View attachment 30330
Which would be unbelievably wonderful. Whilst some seem “relaxed” about this dragging on, according to CP Kev “hopes” we can get a team out on Sat. So not “relaxed”. Happily this consortium appears equally unrelaxed if rumours are true- in which case hats off to them. The Laphroaig is starting to show signs of life…and things looking really positive for the future…..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back