• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is now a whole different relationship established between The Martins & SCC, on which £20m is contingent.

Everyone will want to see everyone else's paperwork to ensure that, specifically, £20m is coming from somewhere. The council won't want it to be them, The Martins won't want it to be them, JR won't care as long as it's set in stone.

All the new paperwork will want checking by the consortium, even though they are a 3rd party, because there's £20m on the line
I completely agree with you, but surely that's already pretty much done and in place you would assume? I thought that part was agreed a while ago.

There is now a whole different relationship established between The Martins & SCC, on which £20m is contingent.

Everyone will want to see everyone else's paperwork to ensure that, specifically, £20m is coming from somewhere. The council won't want it to be them, The Martins won't want it to be them, JR won't care as long as it's set in stone.

All the new paperwork will want checking by the consortium, even though they are a 3rd party, because there's £20m on the line
What a mess..well I guess as long as the embargo is lifted now for the sake of Kev and the players it matters not too much. This is the key to how all this is received. But the track record of the parties thus far is that it would take a month to change a light bulb..

We are in wait and see mode. The deal is, effectively, done but there is LOTS of paperwork to check and double check. The consortium want the £20m airtight and The Martins want FF airtight.

The money is there to have the club functioning (on the field) as soon as the ink is dry.
It’s a ****ing result that they have kept you close and in and around the deal for so long thanks for their input

I completely agree with you, but surely that's already pretty much done and in place you would assume? I thought that part was agreed a while ago.
The whole thing is very complicated. The council have to move slower than the other two parties. There is a lot of money at stake and an untrustworthy so-and-so at the middle of all of it.

Everyone will want to make sure that what they're agreeing to is what they want, legal and guaranteed by law.

The whole thing is very complicated. The council have to move slower than the other two parties. There is a lot of money at stake and an untrustworthy so-and-so at the middle of all of it.

Everyone will want to make sure that what they're agreeing to is what they want, legal and guaranteed by law.
It’s amazing if true that they have all only just realised this, given that just a short time ago “near future” completion dates were being given. Indicating it could be completed in days.

It’s like everything is a big surprise- rabbits and headlights come to mind. Hopefully not the case and if the embargo is not lifted completely unacceptable.

Bolton Wanderers had faced one of the longest periods under a transfer embargo. They encountered significant financial difficulties that led to a transfer embargo lasting for around two years, starting in 2015 and ending in 2017
Although the EFL embargo as we know is less “draconian”..

It’s amazing if true that they have all only just realised this, given that just a short time ago “near future” completion dates were being given. Indicating it could be completed in days.

It’s like everything is a big surprise- rabbits and headlights come to mind. Hopefully not the case and if the embargo is not lifted completely unacceptable.
I don't mean to make it sound like there is a whole new round of Those words are banned to do. The deal has been agreed in principle for some time, as you've said.

Everyone will just want to read each others agreements before picking up their respective pens is all.

We are very close. Monday was massive, Ron has been completely cornered.

I don't mean to make it sound like there is a whole new round of Those words are banned to do. The deal has been agreed in principle for some time, as you've said.

Everyone will just want to read each others agreements before picking up their respective pens is all.

We are very close. Monday was massive, Ron has been completely cornered.
And that’s what he’ll hate the most. Joyous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back