• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the sake of my wife's santiy I hope it is done soon.

Driving along the other day she asked "So when do you think it will all be done?"; to which I gave some long mansplaining speil about the ins and outs of Ron's mind and that I no longer get my hopes up.

Anyway, 5 minutes later and I finish my rant, at which point she lets me know she doesn't care about Southend United and that it was our impending house purchase she was asking about.

I'm hoping the takeover goes through as planned on Friday too. Fingers crossed for some good news! As for ticket sales, that's a positive sign, and I can imagine the atmosphere at the game on Saturday will be electric if everything goes smoothly with the takeover.

As I'm away tomorrow and won't be back until late evening To read at the end of today that Ron and the council have agreed to end this fiasco. And the nice words of club Sold would be great .
Please Tommy don't get your hopes up and expect it to be done by tomorrow evening, as even with the very positive developments of the last 24 hours, it almost certainly will still take a few more days and Christmas closures are approaching fast.

Thursday then?

Who knows.

There is no completion date out there at the moment, rightly so. We will hear when we hear.

Yesterday was a very positive day, today has been positive I’m hearing as well. Whether that “positive” is a done deal, paperwork being signed and handshakes or another hurdle cleared I don’t know.

Just look forward to Christmas, and not worry about dates etc. if it happens beforehand then excellent, but don’t let it ruin your Christmas if it doesn’t.

I think 2024 will be a whole lot better than 2023 as a Shrimper.

I've honestly given up... stopped caring. I barely even bothered to look at the score on saturday (currently boycotting home games).. No idea where I am on the grieving process but it feels like I might be ready to move on with someone else. As someone who has pretty much done most of the 92 with Southend this is properly depressing. Thanks Ron..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back