• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The regeneration of Roots Hall

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
I doubt it. No-one in their right mind would spend millions on a redevelopment and then immediately move out.
I remember Sherif saying a reduced capacity of 10,000 might be likely. I guess we only have the consortium's word that they would spend £20 million at Roots Hall. I also guess that 500 homes at the Hall would recoup the £20 million and provide enough to build a new stadium elsewhere?

But basically I'm a know-nothing ordinary elderly fan just wondering what the future really holds.

I remember Sherif saying a reduced capacity of 10,000 might be likely. I guess we only have the consortium's word that they would spend £20 million at Roots Hall. I also guess that 500 homes at the Hall would recoup the £20 million and provide enough to build a new stadium elsewhere?

But basically I'm a know-nothing ordinary elderly fan just wondering what the future really holds.
I am pretty sure if it has been stated 20 millon will be spent on rootshall it will be in time This is not RON talking anymore .

There wont be a new stadium It is possable to rebuild new stands at the hall one at a time .Starting with the west.Relocate the fans that use to west to the north bank .Put the small amount of away fans in one corner of the east .Things like this has been done in other grounds .So why not the hall .

I’d have thought you’d need to rebuild the North Bank first in order to put fans there.

I hope they keep the roof design as I think the acoustics are the thing people miss most about it.

What is happening with the 2 million pounds new training ground Is it going to be used Or will it be more money wasted by Ron
We, as in the club, bought the training ground for £1. If £2million was wasted by Ron that'll presumably be lumped into the debt our new custodians have taken on.

What is happening with the 2 million pounds new training ground Is it going to be used Or will it be more money wasted by Ron
The training ground will be completed boots & laces will be part of fossets development so Ron has his extra housing all part of the deal to selling the club

In fairness to TB, there isn't really any prospect of increasing non matchday revenue revenue until any redevelopment has taken place and we have conference facilities that can be used on a daily basis.

I wasn’t knocking @Thundersley Blue’s post, I think it’s probably quite accurate as things stand today. I was trying to put across that whilst that may be the case today, it may not be the case when the new faces bring fresh ideas into the club. it’ll depend on the speed of which things can be turned around and the initial outlay costs.

As for B&L, I'd heard something similar. However, wouldn't that mean there's an even greater need to get the new training ground ready? At least in my mind there is!

Absolutely. Trouble is, at least 2 of the main pitches have been left to rot and with winter on the horizon, my gut feeling is they wouldn’t be up to standard until next spring, maybe.

And then there’s the building work (portacabins?) to be considered, to make it somewhat hospitable.

I suppose it’s the same as my point above, it will depend on the speed that the new consortium can work at, and that will likely depend on the costs

I am sure the new owners will soon be on Rochford councils case to be allowed to build Anew complex at the new training ground .So it can be completed for use .

I’d have thought you’d need to rebuild the North Bank first in order to put fans there.

I hope they keep the roof design as I think the acoustics are the thing people miss most about it.
Looking behind the scenes at roots hall on the Sunday cleanup I think most stands apart from maybe the south need a visit from a bulldozer parts of the north bank already have a dodgy roof that’s why it’s closed. And don’t even mention the toilets 🚽

With the ground at Rootshall, did we not compulsory purchase the shops on Victoria Avenue, with a few holding out, could this be utilised if correct.

It would have been nice to have a new ground, but i do love Rootshall,
It really is what a home of football is all about.

I really dislike footy grounds that have houses or hotels attached, it seems a cop out of football to me, like a any way of making money.

Norwich has that bloody hotel in the corner.
Leyton Orient, the flats. etc... who else maybe

Also, what have we bought.

I know it has been mentioned on another thread somewhere.

Roots Hall, but what does that encompass

The new 2 million training ground.
Do we still have the Dome, and can that be used on the training ground.

and, what was the other one, we have purchased.

With the ground at Rootshall, did we not compulsory purchase the shops on Victoria Avenue, with a few holding out, could this be utilised if correct.

Someone purchased those shops or agreed options to purchase those shops.

Not sure who exactly. It’s unlikely to be the club. It might be Roots Hall Ltd. The question is then are the consortium purchasing RHL?

It would have been nice to have a new ground, but i do love Rootshall,
It really is what a home of football is all about.

I really dislike footy grounds that have houses or hotels attached, it seems a cop out of football to me, like a any way of making money.

Norwich has that bloody hotel in the corner.
Leyton Orient, the flats. etc... who else maybe
The shops you are on about was a compulsary purched by the council for the part of sainsburys to be built .Not the football club .So the council could build hoses or falts there if they wish .

Watch out for being told it will be necessary to move away from RH to allow for the works to be carried out.
If the rebuild is to be stand by stand there would be no need to move away .And stand would probable be demolished At the end of the seson AND ike other ground horings go up And football is still played at the ground .

Back