• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SZone Darts Tournament - Saturday 10th April

129 out last night.

Throw into the 20's went a bit high hitting the D20, but the T19, D16 were good darts :)

Thats two ton+ take outs in 3 days for moi, still not playing consistantly enough though for my liking.

With regards to the tournament on the 10th April, obviously know some people cant make it but no doubt if we get a decent core then we could possibly hold a meet once a month.

With regards to the tournament on the 10th April, obviously know some people cant make it but no doubt if we get a decent core then we could possibly hold a meet once a month.

Souns like a plan Stats .. to be honest it was always going to be a thankless task in trying to sort something as different days will always suit different people

Confirmed with Rileys in Leigh today, we have the darts area reserved from 5pm onwards.

If people are not members then they need to fill in an application form on the night for free or alternatively pay small entrance fee (about £2 I think).

Anyone know what the boards are like down there? Think Riley's have a deal with Winmau so if boards are Blade III's then thats good. Cant be doing with the old thick wired boards.

Is there an age limit stats ?? .. BLUEBLOOD Junior wants to play

What you have to ask yourself BB is if your nipper was to beat you infront of a reasonable size crowd would you be happy? :scared: :puke

Seriously mate he's more than welcome, you never know we might be unearthing the new Power :cool:

What you have to ask yourself BB is if your nipper was to beat you infront of a reasonable size crowd would you be happy? :scared: :puke

Seriously mate he's more than welcome, you never know we might be unearthing the new Power :cool:

He can play mate, top score of 177 and top out of 90

Him beating me will be nothing new unfortunately

I'm getting better!

Perhaps I just came out of my bad couple of weeks a bit of a better player, or just having a purple patch - either way, I'm throwing far more relaxed and comfortable and a majority of throws going in at least '20' and getting I'd say 1 in 4 in T20 at times.

Had an amazing (for me!) 22 dart leg of 501 today, which averages out at 66 3-dart-avg - my current overall average is pushing 39 (and rising) so that was excellent for me, I was well chuffed. Hit back to back tonnes in that leg too of 100, 120 and 100.

Also got my highest out the other day of 97 (T19, D20).

Absolutely loving the darts at the moment! :)

Good to hear pboreham .. stick at it mate

What are peoples thoughts on non zoners attending this little event ??

I could probably attract 8-10 players to this (a couple are really good and one of them will probably win)

My own view is it should be SZ members only really, but if only a handful of people on here are interested then surely any extra players would be welcomed

Thoughts ??

Last edited:
What a great but frustraiting game this really is.

Marathon session Friday night which produced the usual mixed bag.

Included a 9 darter..................on 301, still very respectable and my best 501 of 20 darts.

Averaged around 36 on 301 but 44 on 501 :dizzy:

With regards to the tournament and players like BB I would prefer to have this as a SZone thing but a few extra's I'm sure would be welcome.

I am bringing along a mate not a member of the board but he was a regular with me at SUFC games from 2000-03.

As this is only a couple of weeks away now I might see if we can get a sticky in Shrimpers Chit Chat to see if any other Zoner's fancy chancing their arm.

Looking forward to it!

Is there any entrance fee for Rileys (or the tourny)?

Might see if I can drag my old man along too. He doesnt post on SZ (but lurks!) and always goes with me to games.

BUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMP

OK, so as a sticky it doesn't need bumping, but how many are up for this on Saturday still ??

Me and the boy are ...

SZone Darts Tournament - Sat 10th April @ Rileys, Leigh On Sea

Right People

This Saturday SZone Darts Tournament @ Rileys, Leigh On Sea

Arrival and Registration 6-6.30pm

Toe The Oche 7pm

Entry Fee £5

Players of all abilities welcome

Bring a friend or 2

Be good to see a few of us down there

Cheers
Stats

Right People

This Saturday SZone Darts Tournament @ Rileys, Leigh On Sea

Arrival and Registration 6-6.30pm

Toe The Oche 7pm

Entry Fee £5

Players of all abilities welcome

Bring a friend or 2

Be good to see a few of us down there

Cheers
Stats

Oops! Thought it was an afternoon thingy :( Got plans for Saturday night (and living an hour away makes it a no-no).

Damnit... I was in terrible form too! :)

Lets be honest folks, this aint gonna happen is it ??

Hmmm not getting enough biters are we, will re-assess this tomorrow and take it from there. Can be playing with 3 players even if it does increase my chances of winning.

Back