• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SZone Darts Tournament - Saturday 10th April

BB whats going on with the dip in form mate :stunned:

This rate you'll be trying to take the Mardle spoon off me :dim:

Lee is a good player but loses to his self which make the game alot easier for the other player.
He will come good but got to believe

wardy hit the nail on the head Stats .. when i play well i tell myself "this can't last" and when i'm bad its "i'm so **** at this game"

Gonna take a week off and start again i think

wardy hit the nail on the head Stats .. when i play well i tell myself "this can't last" and when i'm bad its "i'm so **** at this game"

Gonna take a week off and start again i think

Positive thoughts my friend :)

Remember the good stuff you throw because if you can throw it once you can certainly throw it again :cool:

I was back in Essex myself today for some darting action. Played with both They Call It Madness and Big John. Both decent standard superleague players and for once I actually scored well and took out some doubles :). Round Robin, Big J 12 Legs, Stats 8 Legs, TCIM 7 Legs

First time tonight that I've picked my darts up in a while (a week is a long time for me) and felt comfortable with them. I've been going through a rough patch in the last four weeks or so and have been struggling to find form, infact struggling with my thrown and launch full stop.

Tonight, I played against my best mate who can certainly throw...I lost 15 : 10 in legs (501 format) but had at least nine darts at a double to win in at least seven of those that I lost and that was because I consistently was on a three dart finish after 15 or so darts. I even was on a 12 darter but missed the treble on the 11th which wud of left me my double.

As I say, first time I've felt comfortable in a long time with plenty of ton plusses including four 140s (could and should of been 3x 180s) not to mention a fair few 120s and more.

Changed my stems slightly and it seemed to work tonight, went back to the tried and tested long stems which suits my throwing action, only problem is changing from the accustomed launch of a smaller dart to a bigger one when it comes to precision with finishing...I've been using short stems for the best part of eight months trying to get the feel for them after advice from very well respected darts players.

So wish I could be there on the tenth of april, still in hope of changing my work course!!

Happy arrows all !

First time tonight that I've picked my darts up in a while (a week is a long time for me) and felt comfortable with them. I've been going through a rough patch in the last four weeks or so and have been struggling to find form, infact struggling with my thrown and launch full stop.

Tonight, I played against my best mate who can certainly throw...I lost 15 : 10 in legs (501 format) but had at least nine darts at a double to win in at least seven of those that I lost and that was because I consistently was on a three dart finish after 15 or so darts. I even was on a 12 darter but missed the treble on the 11th which wud of left me my double.

As I say, first time I've felt comfortable in a long time with plenty of ton plusses including four 140s (could and should of been 3x 180s) not to mention a fair few 120s and more.

Changed my stems slightly and it seemed to work tonight, went back to the tried and tested long stems which suits my throwing action, only problem is changing from the accustomed launch of a smaller dart to a bigger one when it comes to precision with finishing...I've been using short stems for the best part of eight months trying to get the feel for them after advice from very well respected darts players.

So wish I could be there on the tenth of april, still in hope of changing my work course!!

Happy arrows all !

Do you fancy a game one evening as you sound if though your a half decent player and I love a challenge?

Tempted to pick mine up again tonight after a break, though that depends if i can manage to trawl through all the new posts today with with the latest news and all that

I've only been back playing a short while (about 6 weeks) and at first I felt I was really improving well.

Now, my games gone completely to **** and I dont know how to get back on track. Everyone says 'play through it' - but I cannot see any light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm practicing every day and trying to enjoy it and not stress about the downturn, but its really ****ing me off now and I'm beginning to get frustrated.

I've scored so many single digit scores (lots of 7s, 8s and embarrassingly, 3s) in the last week or so - didnt even do that when I started out. Then I'll take out a nice finish (70 tonight with T18, D8 2 darts) or hit a 123/140.

Really driving me bonkers :(

Sucess today, highest checkout since my darting ''comeback''

114 - 20, T18, D20

Almost followed next leg by a semi bull, bull checkout

Looking forward to the tournament which is now less than a month away :)

Do you fancy a game one evening as you sound if though your a half decent player and I love a challenge?

Sounds like a plan but it will have to wait a few more weeks if I'm honest. Evenings are very busy at the moment and quite a bit of work on too so hard for me to find time.

I played tuesday night and lost, was quite annoying because I felt so comfortable and relexed but could not hit the trebs I needed. Ultimately I had two darts both legs at a double but frustratinglt were both 'on the wire'.

The good news is, I think I can make the tournament now, I just hope that I can find it before then!! Lol

Looking forward to the tournament which is now less than a month away :)

i 'aint

Played in my first competition for years on tuesday, only a low key works do, went out first round, couldn't score (one 139 two tons and that was about it) couldn't hit the doubles , had difficulty calculating the shotouts quick enough, couldn't cope with playing a competitive game without a fag on, got the old nerves back.....on the whole absolute pony.

i 'aint

Played in my first competition for years on tuesday, only a low key works do, went out first round, couldn't score (one 139 two tons and that was about it) couldn't hit the doubles , had difficulty calculating the shotouts quick enough, couldn't cope with playing a competitive game without a fag on, got the old nerves back.....on the whole absolute pony.

Will be at Leeds away so wont be attending this tournament

Back