• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SZone Darts Tournament - Saturday 10th April

Format will be decided nearer the time and will depend on how many people turn up on the night.

Would love to take part, but that's Grand National day; pretty much the entire workforce is expected to put in a shift somewhere or other that day.

Sounds like a great idea though and I'd be up for any future tournaments.

DSC00089.jpg

Boards up looks professional

Shame about the bloke who throws the darts into it :doh:

Shocking loss this evening I could well be on for the Mardle spoon at the SZFC darts comp

DSC00089.jpg

Boards up looks professional

Shame about the bloke who throws the darts into it :doh:

Shocking loss this evening I could well be on for the Mardle spoon at the SZFC darts comp

Nice set up!

I've got a Dart Mate and just brought a rubber oche (that sounds so wrong!), so I'm pleased with my set up now. Got new darts the weekend too, shorter, wider at the front and far more comfortable for my grip.

Scores starting to increase, in a leg of 301 at the weekend I hit 78, 60, 70, 66 - but failed to take out 27 in about 6-7 darts! :(

If I can start hitting some decent doubles, then can push my average up from 35 to around 45-50 I reckon.

Nice set up!

I've got a Dart Mate and just brought a rubber oche (that sounds so wrong!), so I'm pleased with my set up now. Got new darts the weekend too, shorter, wider at the front and far more comfortable for my grip.

Scores starting to increase, in a leg of 301 at the weekend I hit 78, 60, 70, 66 - but failed to take out 27 in about 6-7 darts! :(

If I can start hitting some decent doubles, then can push my average up from 35 to around 45-50 I reckon.

Yeah it came out well, Dad put it up for me last weekend (yes I am 28 but my DIY skills are shocking)

I toyed with the idea of getting a dartmate but opted for the board on the wall.

Winmau Blade III was on offer at Argos for £20 so I have that plus a board from Target, slimline wires virtually same as Eclipse Pro.

Where you get your darts from?

When I lived back in Essex I used to goto Darts N Parts which is a shop based in Ongar. Bloke who runs the shop lets you try before you buy, nice chap really helpful.

I bought a couple of sets off smooths of Red Dragon few weeks back, there not too bad although I am rotating between them and my old ones which are front end weighted. Cant get on with too light darts.

Sounds like your having the same battles as me. I'm practicing at the moment scoring on average between 125 to 150 for the first 9 darts but have serious problems taking out the double for a finish. My overall total average at the moment is 30-32. If I could hit the double then I'd be between 40-50.

I did hit a 14 darter (301) but thats been the only major bright spot so far.

Yeah it came out well, Dad put it up for me last weekend (yes I am 28 but my DIY skills are shocking)

I toyed with the idea of getting a dartmate but opted for the board on the wall.

Winmau Blade III was on offer at Argos for £20 so I have that plus a board from Target, slimline wires virtually same as Eclipse Pro.

Where you get your darts from?

When I lived back in Essex I used to goto Darts N Parts which is a shop based in Ongar. Bloke who runs the shop lets you try before you buy, nice chap really helpful.

I bought a couple of sets off smooths of Red Dragon few weeks back, there not too bad although I am rotating between them and my old ones which are front end weighted. Cant get on with too light darts.

Sounds like your having the same battles as me. I'm practicing at the moment scoring on average between 125 to 150 for the first 9 darts but have serious problems taking out the double for a finish. My overall total average at the moment is 30-32. If I could hit the double then I'd be between 40-50.

I did hit a 14 darter (301) but thats been the only major bright spot so far.

JJB - have quite a decent selection in the Colchester branch - where I got the mat too!

Played tonight and again, pretty consistant - mostly 1-2 / 3 darts in at least the single 20. 3 darts scores around 60-80 and doubles coming within 3 darts mostly.

Had a couple of cans whilst playing and it all went to **** pretty quickly -wont be doing that again - so gave up :(

Had a couple of cans whilst playing and it all went to **** pretty quickly -wont be doing that again - so gave up :(

I've been trying to work out the relation between my darts and alcohol and there really is no pattern, when TB and i had our challenger (#2 coming up next week actually) i didnt have any as Scott was detoxing and i thought it unfair to start boozing in front of him, though i did relent and hads a couple of glasses of wine towards the end .. the darts were average at best yet i've played after drinking a good few cans of lager or at least a couple of bottles of plonk and i've played like a demon

I've been trying to work out the relation between my darts and alcohol and there really is no pattern, when TB and i had our challenger (#2 coming up next week actually) i didnt have any as Scott was detoxing and i thought it unfair to start boozing in front of him, though i did relent and hads a couple of glasses of wine towards the end .. the darts were average at best yet i've played after drinking a good few cans of lager or at least a couple of bottles of plonk and i've played like a demon

I think there is a happy medium to be had just enough to relax your game and let the darts flow so your not over thinking each throw

I think there is a happy medium to be had just enough to relax your game and let the darts flow so your not over thinking each throw

So is round two going to be teetotal or a boozefest mate ??

I don't think i can do happy medium :unsure:

JJB - have quite a decent selection in the Colchester branch - where I got the mat too!

Played tonight and again, pretty consistant - mostly 1-2 / 3 darts in at least the single 20. 3 darts scores around 60-80 and doubles coming within 3 darts mostly.

Had a practice tonight using the N01 programme playing the computer at 301

Level 2, 5 legs, 3 wins, dart average 14.97

Helped by a 12 darter, 81, 81, 45, 94 Checkout

Again like you when I won a game double came within 3-4 darts

Fun and games but I'm sure tomorrows practice will be normal service resumed

Had a practice tonight using the N01 programme playing the computer at 301

Level 2, 5 legs, 3 wins, dart average 14.97

Helped by a 12 darter, 81, 81, 45, 94 Checkout

Again like you when I won a game double came within 3-4 darts

Fun and games but I'm sure tomorrows practice will be normal service resumed

Nice average :) I just cannot break 35ish! No matter how well (or bad) I throw the first darts, soon as the checkout is done, I've dropped down to 35ish.

Frustrating! Next target is 40 - gonna put in some serious time over the weekend.

You should play this down the Nelson than we can all get on it while watching you 2 battle it out

Turns out an expensive night that way though, besides i can just imagine you .. you'd be clucking like mad after 5 minutes saying you wanted to play

Back on theme i had an improntu game last night as a mate turned up unannounced

My 20 T20 D19 118 out in the first leg was the highlight of an otherwise forgettable drubbing

Back