• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SZone Darts Tournament - Saturday 10th April

Turns out an expensive night that way though, besides i can just imagine you .. you'd be clucking like mad after 5 minutes saying you wanted to play

Back on theme i had an improntu game last night as a mate turned up unannounced

My 20 T20 D19 118 out in the first leg was the highlight of an otherwise forgettable drubbing

Nice :) Think my highest out is 79 at the moment, though I went 20, 19 D20 :D

Nice :) Think my highest out is 79 at the moment, though I went 20, 19 D20 :D

It would be a dream to get a 170 however i doubt i'll ever manage it .. that 118 was my 4th highest, i've had a couple of Shanghais (20 T20 D20) but my best was a 19 T19 Bullseye 126

Nice average :) I just cannot break 35ish! No matter how well (or bad) I throw the first darts, soon as the checkout is done, I've dropped down to 35ish.

Frustrating! Next target is 40 - gonna put in some serious time over the weekend.

I can normally hover my average around 50 until I get to the double and then it comes down drastically.

My best out recently is 92 (T20, D16) although I have come close with a couple of 3 figure outs.

My best all time out is 154 (T19,T19, D20), They Call It Madness will varify that as he was on the receiving end of it lol.

I too shall be hammering the practice this coming weekend, Mrs is out with some mates on Sat night so I shall be confined to the darts room with the jukebox and a couple of beers.

On another note woke up this morning and strolled into my ''darts room'' to find a few of the carpet tiles had fallen off my dartboard surround :O I've managed to pop them back on for now but will have to slap some more tape on it at the weekend.

Wow, I'm actually improving :)

Got a best score at my little game of 30 darts at 5,20,1 - previously 21, got 27 last night.

Then round the clock (at the moment I go 1-20 in any bed), previous best was 61, got 45 last night!

Plus weighing in with some decent 100+ scores - my 9 dart average before checkout must have been around 75-80 at times :)

Nice to see an improvement, makes you want to push on.

Put the board up tonight, first time I have really practiced since I stopped playing league darts 28 years ago.

Its always difficult going back to something you used to be ok at. struggled with scoring 36 3 dart average using darts pro, and the doubles were shocking.....

Just got to keep plugging away and remember my decent scores were 30 years ago......

Put the board up tonight, first time I have really practiced since I stopped playing league darts 28 years ago.

Its always difficult going back to something you used to be ok at. struggled with scoring 36 3 dart average using darts pro, and the doubles were shocking.....

Just got to keep plugging away and remember my decent scores were 30 years ago......

Seriously chaps we got a decent crop of us now hitting the board and its interesting reading about each others progress. We may not be PDC quality, BDO quality more like but I recon this tournament coming up could be quite even.

Welcome back to the fold Firestorm :clap:

I know where your coming from mate, must admit my first few sessions were a bit poor but in last week or so my scoring and doubles have got better. Had a couple of decent checkouts as well.

All things shaping up nicely for the tournament in April. :)

Had an all nighter on Friday, played something like 40 legs .. hit a fair few tons but my checking out was pretty poor with only a couple of combination outs though i did nearly take 133 .. T20 T19 to set up a D8 which i missed by a whisker

Round 2 of the BLUEBLOOD vs TrueBlue challenge is all set for Thursday, so looking forward to that

Few legs thrown over the weekend including the scalping of our own SZone War Hero, Chadded.

Also managed my first back to back tons and a 301 ten darter :)

Nice one Stats :)

I've set up my darts program (DartsForWindows) to just run now on 501, best of 5 legs, unlimited sets to see how I progress with constant stat tracking.

I'm currently 5-1 down in sets :( after storming to a 3-0 1st set lead!

During the first day of doing this, my average went from its usual mid 30s to low 50s at times - settling around mid 40s. I know this is due in part to more darts being thrown per leg, but I do feel it is an improvement too.

Didnt do so well last night and average is down to 40ish.

In the 'match' so far, I've hit 14 tonnes, including a couple of 140s, a 135 and a few 121s. Hitting the T20 with far more consistancy now and had a run of scoring last night where my average must have been around 60 as I scored something like 80, 85, 100, 60, 45, 26, 120 etc... was really pleased.

Doubles letting me down though. I am racing to a finish, sometimes 200 points in front of the CPU, but cannot hit the double and 'he' comes back and wins the leg. So thats the next thing to work on!

Still loving it though :) Need to join a club somewhere around here though.

Nice one Stats :)

I've set up my darts program (DartsForWindows) to just run now on 501, best of 5 legs, unlimited sets to see how I progress with constant stat tracking.

I'm currently 5-1 down in sets :( after storming to a 3-0 1st set lead!

During the first day of doing this, my average went from its usual mid 30s to low 50s at times - settling around mid 40s. I know this is due in part to more darts being thrown per leg, but I do feel it is an improvement too.

Didnt do so well last night and average is down to 40ish.

In the 'match' so far, I've hit 14 tonnes, including a couple of 140s, a 135 and a few 121s. Hitting the T20 with far more consistancy now and had a run of scoring last night where my average must have been around 60 as I scored something like 80, 85, 100, 60, 45, 26, 120 etc... was really pleased.

Doubles letting me down though. I am racing to a finish, sometimes 200 points in front of the CPU, but cannot hit the double and 'he' comes back and wins the leg. So thats the next thing to work on!

Still loving it though :) Need to join a club somewhere around here though.

Doubles, tell me about it mate

Numerous legs I score reasonably well but cant hit that double. Ironically the leg where I threw back to back tons on 301 I lost :doh:

Will have to start stepping up the practice shortly, have a couple of matches planned this weekend against a couple of mates. One is superleague standard whilst the other is a steady league player. Talk about being thrown to the lions :scared:

Tried to practice doubles last night and think I'm going to try to do this at least once a day.

9 darts at every double, total at the end. Got 18 (out of 180 darts!) last night :(

Going to go down Nelson tomorrow (Friday) around 1pm and also get Blueblood down there.
So if anyone fancy a friday afternoon of darts, come on down.
Played Blueblood last night and Blueblood is posting on the game later.
For a bit of fun at the end we had 3 minutes to get 6 darts in T20 leaving your dart in there evreytime you hit it. The outcome, all 6 darts in T20 at the same time in under 2 mins.

Also did you all know the Nelson has not got a Dart team during the week.
we could set one up, all southend fans, I think the Wednesday league is still played so we would not miss any sufc games

Last edited:
Going to go down Nelson tomorrow (Friday) around 1pm and also get Blueblood down there.
So if anyone fancy a friday afternoon of darts, come on down.
Played Blueblood last night and Blueblood is posting on the game later.
For a bit of fun at the end we had 3 minutes to get 6 darts in T20 leaving your dart in there evreytime you hit it. The outcome, all 6 darts in T20 at the same time in under 2 mins.

Also did you all know the Nelson has not got a Dart team during the week.
we could set one up, all southend fans, I think the Wednesday league is still played so we would not miss any sufc games

I will have some of that see you down there about 1

Going to sailsbury cafe for a full english about 12.00 and Lamus will be joining us. Blueblood has pulled out due to works being carried out on his house.
If you want to join us for the full buster please do

Big buster that could be game on see you in there if not Nelly at 1

There was teams down the Nelson but they left once they got wind of it being closed down, nbot to mention it being full of dog hairs, expensive booze and without alick of paint for a few years.

There is a Mens Tuesday league and a Mens Friday league.

The Wednesday league is super league standard and very serious!

Back