• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SZone Darts Tournament - Saturday 10th April

Stats

aka Ian Poulter
I have spoken to Riley's in Leigh and the above is provisonal.

The date is one of the very few I'm available from now until end of May. SUFC terms its on the day we goto Leeds Utd but assume most wont be going to this anyway.

Gives everyone a couple of months to practice and sort out arrangements although I assume that Riley's would be ok to bring your kids along to?

They have 3 boards which should be good enough for us to rotate a tournament on.

Looking at format I'm gonna be running a round robin tournament, people make the effort to come along then to go out potentially after 2 legs of darts is a bit pants so you'll get at least 3 games in a group stage. Knockout after.

What do people think about having an MC and walk on music for the final?

Mods please could you pin this topic and unstick t'other one.

Cheers
Stats

Founder Of The SZUDC (ShrimperZone Unprofessional Darts Corporation)

It would be hardly fair to leave Scott out stats as his recent battle with me was probably the thing that inspired this comp, that said i have no intention of going to Leeds so if it is that date then count me in, my lad too if the venue will allow it ?? he is only 10 but does know how to play and would not be a problem

May be interested in this. Taken up the darts again for the first time in years and been practicing a few weeks.

See how my average improves over the next month or so before I commit, but I'm practicing a few hours a day, so hopefully will be ok.

Anyone else use the 'n01' software to practice with. Tis very good.

May be interested in this. Taken up the darts again for the first time in years and been practicing a few weeks.

See how my average improves over the next month or so before I commit, but I'm practicing a few hours a day, so hopefully will be ok.

I use 'dartspro' my current 3 dart average is about 51 at the moment

pboreham check out dartspro its the best software out there and its free :)

I use 'dartspro' my current 3 dart average is about 51 at the moment

pboreham check out dartspro its the best software out there and its free :)

I'll have a look at that then - actually switched to using 'DartsForWindows' which is £20, but really good and used by the BDO.

3 dart avg is around 35 at the moment. Checkouts letting me down :(

I'll have a look at that then - actually switched to using 'DartsForWindows' which is £20, but really good and used by the BDO.

3 dart avg is around 35 at the moment. Checkouts letting me down :(

What's your practise formula ??

I play legs of 301, but must check out in 21 darts or less, thats only an average of 43 but it means you are practising scoring, setting up and checking out fairly regularly .. i've spent an hour or more constantly banging away at the 20s but find that just gets tedious after a while

What's your practise formula ??

I play legs of 301, but must check out in 21 darts or less, thats only an average of 43 but it means you are practising scoring, setting up and checking out fairly regularly .. i've spent an hour or more constantly banging away at the 20s but find that just gets tedious after a while

Usual round-the-clock, golf and one I've just 'invented' where I hit the opposite numbers on the board (so start 20, then 3 - then 1 and 19 etc) - which I find helps switching for cover shots or checkouts.

Do those for about 30-45 mins then play 301 against the PC with the software I have for as long as I can.

Noticed it takes me shorter to get 'into the zone' than it did a couple of weeks back and my 301 average IS creeping up, albeit toilet.

Love to get to a standard to just enter local competitions.

My boards going up at home this coming weekend so I can starting throwing a few arrows. Practice wise I throw a few 301 legs but also practice checkouts ranging from 170 to 61. As BB says above its good to practice setting up leaving scores to checkout.

Joined that forum - visited it a few times over the last week or so, but really does seem the best UK based Darts board around.

Absolutely addicted to darts now and determined to get 'good' at it. Avg gone up this week from 30->35->37 (last night).

Practiced RTC on doubles this morning and that started to bear fruit.

Joined that forum - visited it a few times over the last week or so, but really does seem the best UK based Darts board around.

Absolutely addicted to darts now and determined to get 'good' at it. Avg gone up this week from 30->35->37 (last night).

Practiced RTC on doubles this morning and that started to bear fruit.

Good on ya .. i had about 3/4 of an hour last night, and apart from one leg where i took 301 out in 14 darts i was beyond abysmal and gave up

Assuming TrueBlue returns from the dead we have part two in our challenger series next week and so i need to try to get some form back in the interim

Good on ya .. i had about 3/4 of an hour last night, and apart from one leg where i took 301 out in 14 darts i was beyond abysmal and gave up

Assuming TrueBlue returns from the dead we have part two in our challenger series next week and so i need to try to get some form back in the interim

I am here mate some mug hacked my account IP logged and with any luck find the *******

How frustraiting is this game?

Played 301 against a mate at lunch today, either I get the double within 3/4 darts or I can be hammering away all afternoon and not get it.

Missed a double 16 for a 12 darter, twice miscounted thinking I'd won the leg, both times I hit the checkout in 3 darts - doh

How frustraiting is this game?

Played 301 against a mate at lunch today, either I get the double within 3/4 darts or I can be hammering away all afternoon and not get it.

Missed a double 16 for a 12 darter, twice miscounted thinking I'd won the leg, both times I hit the checkout in 3 darts - doh

I know, I'm practicing loads, but dont seem to be actually getting any better.

Was throwing the proverbial 'bag of nails' this morning and then on my last throw, got T20, T20 and missed a 3rd T20 by the width of the wire for a 140...

3 dart avg still around 35-37, so frustrating!

Do darts players really need software to practice with?

I would have thought they would be more concerned with staving of diabetes.

Back