• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following RM claiming my question about “£10M for Roots Hall on Friday 14th July 2023” being a lie in an email he has sent to someone yesterday.

RM claims he has spoken to AF and claims the conversation never took place.

@Medway Blue @Cricko @shrimperjon @Lord Football know it did as a minimum, sure others do!

I have this morning (6.05am) written an email to Ron and AF requesting the email chain under the freedom of information act. I’m unsure if this is even possible, but this will out right prove, it’s a complete LIE and AF is possibly facilitating this or is just confused (I hope the later).

Following RM claiming my question about “£10M for Roots Hall on Friday 14th July 2023” being a lie in an email he has sent to someone yesterday.

@Medway Blue @Cricko @shrimperjon @Lord Football know it did as a minimum, sure others do!

I have this morning (6.05am) written an email to Ron and AF requesting the email chain under the freedom of information act. I’m unsure if this is even possible, but this will out right prove, it’s a complete LIE and AF is possibly facilitating this or is just confused (I hope the later).
Worth a try but I don’t think MPs are covered under the freedom of information act. Ron Martin certainly isn’t. Anna may decide to be accommodating nonetheless.

I think more likely to have success on issues relating to the council.

Could well be wrong though, that’s just my understanding of the act.

Last edited:
No, individual MPs aren’t covered by the FOIA, so unless Firth wants to wilfully disclose private communications she’s had with a local business owner, any such correspondence won’t be seeing the light of day.

Last edited:
Trying to prove Ron is telling fibbers is probably a complete waste of time I'm afraid @CRATE . He knows he tells whoppers, we all know he tells whoppers, as does Anna Firth. Surely our aim and push now should be to keep the public media pressure on him, attempting to not only mobilise more supporter backing, but also the wider Southend City public. There must be a limit where his family, if not Ron, will say, for God's sake make this nightmare end'.

The only thing that matters now is to facilitate a sale of Roots Hall as quickly as possible by doing whatever we/you can to help. Nothing else matters now!

Last edited:
Trying to prove Ron is telling fibbers is probably a complete waste of time I'm afraid @CRATE . He knows he tells whoppers, we all know he tells whoppers, as does Anna Firth. Surely our aim and push now should be to keep the public media pressure on him, attempting to not only mobilise more supporter backing, but also the wider Southend City public. There must be a limit where his family, if not Ron, will say, for God's sake make this nightmare end'.
I’m more doing it for my own sanity. RM has sent an email claiming I’m lying. Which many have seen it’s him not me! And I’ve taken it to heart. So going to find a way of the proof seeing the light of day!

I’m more doing it for my own sanity. RM has sent an email claiming I’m lying. Which many have seen it’s him not me! And I’ve taken it to heart. So going to find a way of the proof seeing the light of day!
I get that, but who do you think the supporters already believe? You're royally brassing him off by doing what you're doing, that will do for me.

First of many big days in the weeks ahead shrimpers, fingers firmly crossed for you that all outcomes are positive and you stay strong together
- has Ron paid the salaries today and avoided the first ten point penalty threat set by the NL
- have your great efforts been enough to get a safety certificate for RH. I hope so but reckon the first game should still be moved away to give some time for work on the shocking pitch

Something isn’t adding up here.

Anna said kimura don’t have the funds yet people are saying kimura have proven proof of funds a few times.

Ron is saying no bid is currently on the table from anyone. If true, and to be fair, I haven’t seen anything that suggests a bid has been put in recently when will a bid likely be put in. The new consortium need to go public asap. It feels like everyone is just waiting for someone to blink and the club are going to keep getting hurt every few weeks with games cancelled or rearranged, points deductions etc.

Finding all this silence very difficult to try and work out what exactly is happening. The fans have been treated disgustingly yet again and no one knows what is happening.

Has a bid been input and when?
When will the 5 local people go public so we can all get behind them?

@CRATE @Medway Blue @Cricko @Lord Football

It is clear that RM can't sell as there are no buyers. RM would have to personally take on a significant debt to make any deal attractive which he unfortunately is not prepared to do.
I will continue to protest although I am starting to believe that even this is pointless. I like many am resigned now to seeing our club being wound up and am not sure what if anything we can do.
I will continue to support the club to the end.

It is clear that RM can't sell as there are no buyers. RM would have to personally take on a significant debt to make any deal attractive which he unfortunately is not prepared to do.
I will continue to protest although I am starting to believe that even this is pointless. I like many am resigned now to seeing our club being wound up and am not sure what if anything we can do.
RM stated he will personally guarantee any debt over £2.5M.

No buyers at Ron’s price maybe. Who blinks first?

RM stated he will personally gaurantee any debt over £2.5M.

Dan, Ron confirmed in front of 20 fans on Saturday he has seen proof of funds from Goldman Sachs. Whilst stood outside his house. He can say as much as he wants regarding they don’t have the funds, but he himself said “I’ve seen proof of funds for many millions in Goldman Sachs”.
I wonder if this is explained by the fact that they had funds in place from their backers / investors for a bid that included FF stadium. When it become just RH the bakers/investors weren’t interested and Kimura on their own weren’t in a position to pursue?

Really can't see what difference it would make. Nobody is suddenly going to put a bid in if you show an email saying he is lying, if anything it will make him do something to spite it.

AF has told someone in an interview that Kimura didn't have the money then anyway and hadn't for a while so they couldn't have bought it then anyway.

Dan, Ron confirmed in front of 20 fans on Saturday he has seen proof of funds from Goldman Sachs. Whilst stood outside his house. He can say as much as he wants regarding they don’t have the funds, but he himself said “I’ve seen proof of funds for many millions in Goldman Sachs”.
What is Goldman Sachs? Can you explain to me please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back