• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bottom line with all of this is that RM has a price in mind, which is too high for what is on offer - regardless whether it was the site at FF or Roots Hall. Reading between the lines here, there has been no shortage of genuine interest, but what is on offer is not attractive at the price.

I dont for a second believe that Kimura "didnt have the money" - it is more like that there was a solid case for FF, which would have allowed them to raise the funds through their investors - but once DD started throwing up anomolies, red flags would have started to emerge and at that point investers either cannot or will not accept the level of risk, which means that the price was wrong.

Until either someone comes along with the money AND the desire to bankroll a business that is likely to incur losses in the short term, as things stand (unlikely in the current economic climate) or the price expectations are lowered dramatically by RM, we will either limp along and see further decline or we will disappear completely.

Even the most unattractive things will be sold if the price is right.

Really can't see what difference it would make. Nobody is suddenly going to put a bid in if you show an email saying he is lying, if anything it will make him do something to spite it.

AF has told someone in an interview that Kimura didn't have the money then anyway and hadn't for a while so they couldn't have bought it then anyway.
Yeah, need to be careful doesn't turn into a personal battle. It doesn't move us forwards.

I wonder if this is explained by the fact that they had funds in place from their backers / investors for a bid that included FF stadium. When it become just RH the bakers/investors weren’t interested and Kimura on their own weren’t in a position to pursue?
This sounds exactly what I was thinking.

I don’t know why but I still think we will be sold before the Dagenham game. I mean I’m an optimistic person but I’m just saying when we have our fan base protesting outside his house, helping to get roots hall ready (even Tom and Anna), something tells me that we are much more stronger together against one man. I’m kind of hoping that Tom will give Ron a call today or sometime this week saying “please just sell the club”

Crate, I think we all appreciate your efforts in trying to keep us as informed as is reasonably possible and the intention of this post is not be in any way critical or disrespectful but I’ve come to the conclusion that you’re being played by Ron and anyone else involved in trying to facilitate a sale, including any buyer.

They are all using you to leak snippets of information that they want to be out in the public domain, most of which is taken out of context, to create the impression that everyone else is lying, including you.

I’m afraid the only people that truly know what is going on is Ron, possibly his lawyers and any potential buyers (assuming there are any) that Ron is talking to. Everyone else is just being fed half truths, mistruths and outright lies.

What ****es me off is when Ron says "where are the buyers?"

Well, obviously if there is not a long queue for your property, it is obviously valued too high and/or there is something majorly wrong with it. So as you would do with a house, you adjust the sale price accordingly, to attract buyers.

If he refuses to budge on his current sale terms, then we are ****ed and stuck with him for infinity.

Crate, I think we all appreciate your efforts in trying to keep us as informed as is reasonably possible and the intention of this post is not be in any way critical or disrespectful but I’ve come to the conclusion that you’re being played by Ron and anyone else involved in trying to facilitate a sale, including any buyer.

They are all using you to leak snippets of information that they want to be out in the public domain, most of which is taken out of context, to create the impression that everyone else is lying, including you.

I’m afraid the only people that truly know what is going on is Ron, possibly his lawyers and any potential buyers (assuming there are any) that Ron is talking to. Everyone else is just being fed half truths, mistruths and outright lies.
I think that only Ron knows what is really going on. He will instruct his lawyers at various times, but then 'move the goalposts' again so that even they probably don't know what his end game really is. At the end of the day, he is a businessman who wants to make as much money as possible (or reduce loses to a minimum) while skimping on any spending on RH or the team.

Ron changing whats on offer would, in my view, put off other potential buyers, especially when the material state of RH is taken into account and the departure of players from the club.

Something isn’t adding up here.

Anna said kimura don’t have the funds yet people are saying kimura have proven proof of funds a few times.

Ron is saying no bid is currently on the table from anyone. If true, and to be fair, I haven’t seen anything that suggests a bid has been put in recently when will a bid likely be put in. The new consortium need to go public asap. It feels like everyone is just waiting for someone to blink and the club are going to keep getting hurt every few weeks with games cancelled or rearranged, points deductions etc.

Finding all this silence very difficult to try and work out what exactly is happening. The fans have been treated disgustingly yet again and no one knows what is happening.

Has a bid been input and when?
When will the 5 local people go public so we can all get behind them?

@CRATE @Medway Blue @Cricko @Lord Football

They may not all be local. Might have local business interests, or just investing.

Consortium is a bad word in football (as well as Christmas presents). We shall see.

I wonder if this is explained by the fact that they had funds in place from their backers / investors for a bid that included FF stadium. When it become just RH the bakers/investors weren’t interested and Kimura on their own weren’t in a position to pursue?
Sounds logical, but again, it all comes down to two things. Firstly, Ron moving the goalposts, and secondly, where do the butchers and candlestick makers come in?

Well, obviously if there is not a long queue for your property, it is obviously valued too high and/or there is something majorly wrong with it. So as you would do with a house, you adjust the sale price accordingly, to attract buyers.

If he refuses to budge on his current sale terms, then we are ****ed and stuck with him for infinity.
Exactly ! Not just the price of the club and stadium, though. He's stripped the nice assets out for himself and is trying to sell the shell that is left. That's why there are no buyers.

The profitable part is the housing and new stadium (and even the stadium hasn't got planning permission after all ths time). Plus the fact there are many people that refuse to deal with him.

It's a disgrace for him to now blame the supporters - is shows a complete disrespect for us and the passion with have for our club and will only lead more protests once the season starts and we all gather together.

I have been a loyal and avid fan of the Shrimpers for over 60 years. My thoughts on the club are blurred by my love for it. But I ask myself one question: Why would any serious business want to purchase Southend United?

Had we been a L2 club the answer would have been more straightforward but we are now a loss making non league club in a decaying stadium with a dreadful reputation among the football community and among businesses and suppliers in our city.

On the one hand it would seem difficult to even give the club away let alone demand millions of pounds for it.

On the other hand there is great potential here - but the money required to create a viable football club in a viable stadium is high by anyone's standards, even Hollywood actors, rock/rap stars, Premier League footballers or international companies. The time required to get a return on the investment and start to make an operating profit is just too long for most chief financial officers.

That is before you add into the mix an owner of our club who is apparently borassic, but more likely seriously out of love with the club he once passionately claimed to love and seems to be getting some perverse enjoyment out of taking it to the brink of disaster - like a rejected lover persecuting the previous object of his affections.

So I return to my question, Why would any serious business want to purchase Southend United? Is potential enough incentive?

Who knows how this will end? Not with a bang but a whimper I fear.

I think that only Ron knows what is really going on. He will instruct his lawyers at various times, but then 'move the goalposts' again so that even they probably don't know what his end game really is. At the end of the day, he is a terrible businessman who wants to make as much money as possible (or reduce loses to a minimum) while skimping on any spending on RH or the team.

Ron changing whats on offer would, in my view, put off other potential buyers, especially when the material state of RH is taken into account and the departure of players from the club.
Sorry, but I edited for accuracy.

Reactions: jnl
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back