• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
What ****es me off is when Ron says "where are the buyers?"

Well, obviously if there is not a long queue for your property, it is obviously valued too high and/or there is something majorly wrong with it. So as you would do with a house, you adjust the sale price accordingly, to attract buyers.

If he refuses to budge on his current sale terms, then we are ****ed and stuck with him for infinity.
I don't see Ron paying the £2.5m required by 23rd August. So it'll be the end unless he faces reality

It is that young children are doing the work he should pay for, it is so obvious and poignant in this pic who loves the club the most...The Fans!

Makes me sick RM has allowed us and the future of OUR club to let us slip so low.

That young lad has such admiration from me and others...
That picture !

I didn’t know whether to smile in heartfelt admiration, or cry in despair !! I’ve been lucky enough to walk under there, pre match, and touch my lucky charm to that board….. in hope of better times. Now I’ve lost every last shred of belief.

Go back two years, and it wouldn’t have been too hard to find quite a few comments defending, backing, or at best, being neutral about that toxic, malignant, excuse of a human being.

Sickening.

I don't see Ron paying the £2.5m required by 23rd August. So it'll be the end unless he faces reality
As a parting gift for his adoring subjects he will probably accept the highest offer on the table at the very last minute and make sure the task is as insurmountable as possible for the incoming ownership.

If we have enough players and a management team to steer the ship of course. it could all come crumbling down before that point depending on payments etc. We could well be on -10 points at this point with an injury list and a largely U18 team out on the field

Ron knows exactly where the buyers are.

Ron agreed a deal with someone for the club, Roots Hall and Fossetts Farm. Those words are banned was completed at great expense, and after DD threw up some issues, a revised offer was submitted for just the club and Roots Hall…..this is exactly what Ron apparently now says is for sale.

Ron has a buyer there in Kimura however for whatever reason he is choosing not to sell to them.

For many years the football club has been the key to unlocking the riches to be earned in developing RH and FF. An expensive key.

There is no way he will be giving up on the potential of either.

I hope I’m wrong but it seems to me that RM has reached the conclusion that he can still realise his ambition by throwing away the key.

He knows full well that in time he will be granted planning permission to develop both sites without the noose of the football club aground his neck.

The only other solution for him would be to find a buyer willing to take on RH and FF and pay him off. The only problem is that I’m not sure there is such a buyer out there.

Everything we have tried so far has resulted in heads bashing into doors. So I think it is time now for some creative thinking. There are plenty of very bright and passionate people on here and in our wider fan base who will have a raft of ideas, and at this point there is nothing to lose if those ideas are made known to people who can help - in fact the wackier the idea the better!

I think we all know the answers to the "how to kill a football club" and "how to get an unwanted owner to sell the club" questions!

Here is a challenge - what are the pole opposites of these things?

I dont have the answers, the time to be involved too much, or the money to invest but I can facilitate a session or two if anyone is interested in my help.

Cant say Im overly happy with the Agency Ron chose to effect a sale. Cant be doing their reputation ant good ?
When I first saw who they were I confess to not being too hopeful or impressed but reading many a thread about their capability led me to think they must be good at it
Wonder where they are at now ? still being paid?

Ron knows exactly where the buyers are.

Ron agreed a deal with someone for the club, Roots Hall and Fossetts Farm. Those words are banned was completed at great expense, and after DD threw up some issues, a revised offer was submitted for just the club and Roots Hall…..this is exactly what Ron apparently now says is for sale.

Ron has a buyer there in Kimura however for whatever reason he is choosing not to sell to them.
This doesn't make sense though. Kimura are the ones who came out and said they can't lead the sale of only RH and the club. Ron had a buyer in Kimura before DD was done. That obviously churned out things that weren't desirable and they revised their offer/pulled out. They don't want to buy the club and RH only. They publicly said that.

So many posters kept saying that the DD could scupper the deal because of Ron's dodgy dealings over the years and those posters kept getting told it would be ok and Kimura know what they are getting into. Yet, here we are.

Cant say Im overly happy with the Agency Ron chose to effect a sale. Cant be doing their reputation ant good ?
When I first saw who they were I confess to not being too hopeful or impressed but reading many a thread about their capability led me to think they must be good at it
Wonder where they are at now ? still being paid?
It’s not their fault. To be effective they would need Ron to co-operate. Which he clearly isn’t doing.

Everything we have tried so far has resulted in heads bashing into doors. So I think it is time now for some creative thinking. There are plenty of very bright and passionate people on here and in our wider fan base who will have a raft of ideas, and at this point there is nothing to lose if those ideas are made known to people who can help - in fact the wackier the idea the better!

I think we all know the answers to the "how to kill a football club" and "how to get an unwanted owner to sell the club" questions!

Here is a challenge - what are the pole opposites of these things?

I dont have the answers, the time to be involved too much, or the money to invest but I can facilitate a session or two if anyone is interested in my help.

It’s certainly good for thought. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back