• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely different tone of email than I was getting from him about a month ago
View attachment 27694
I do hope you replied telling him that he owns the business, hired the people and that is his responsibility. He seems to have no grasp of this. Scumbag. I hope someone treats him the way he treats us, the staff and a community asset. He simply has no morals and he should be treated as such.

Chris runs that entire sports desk by himself, AND has to report on sports further afield in Essex in places like Thurrock too. He is stretched unbelievably thin, massively overworked and criminally underpaid.

All on the Echo I'm afraid. It either can't or won't fund a reputable media outlet. Laid off all its investigative journalists years ago. You just have to look back through their archives at the stories written about the club during the 2010 meltdown. Absolutely worlds apart.

Their model now is based on online clicks.

I watched the first series of After Life (finally) the other day. The local rag that Ricky Gervais' character is a journalist for - that is pretty much the Echo now.
I wonder if Chris would make more money if he went solo and fans paid for in depth insights (ala The Athletic)? If 300 fans paid £100/year then he’d probably (guessing, no idea what he earns) earn more than now.

I guess there’s only so much to write on one club, but we aren’t any ordinary club.

Definitely different tone of email than I was getting from him about a month ago
View attachment 27694
I’m glad that @CRATE has confirmed members of the five read here, as if this is legit this is exactly what they need to be seeing.

I respect they know far more than me about this whole thing, but it may tempt them to leak a little more about their supposed offer, ideally to Chris Phillips, so Ron can’t keep spouting bull****.

That’s assuming it is bull****. His story based on what has gone public seems fair and reasonable, it’s only when you take into account ITK posts that it seems less so.

View attachment 27694
Mr Martin..I don't dispute you have placed funds within the club structure to keep the club competitive and indeed scaling some heights within the last 25 years ..but let's be honest the last 3 to 5 years have been astounding in its incompetence. Visits to court over unpaid tax bills etc have been astounding in its frequency..non payment of both playing and non playing staff ( and let's be Frank 3 to 4 months of non payment of staff in the cost of
Irving crisis that the UK is suffering is plainly despicable Mr Martin. I have mentioned before my family's involvement of watching southend go's back to the first ever football league game which took place at the kursaal in 1920 ..so to me and many like me this club is so so very important

“When you wasn’t even yet in nappies?” Ron is many things, mostly unrepeatable, but whenever I saw him at AGMs he spoke correct English.
Sorry, don’t buy this tweet/email.
It’s what I believe is his work email address whether himself or the more likely option someone else who has access to his email now the email address is public knowledge . This isn’t me having anyone on or bullshitting it’s just a reply from an email I sent to what I believe is his email address

It’s what I believe is his work email address whether himself or the more likely option someone else who has access to his email now the email address is public knowledge . This isn’t me having anyone on or bullshitting it’s just a reply from an email I sent to what I believe is his email address
The reply (if genuine) from Ron Martin is unprofessional to say the least.

No way that email is from Ron Ray Winstone was never involved in trying to buy the club said so himself on Talksports.

Havent you got anything better to do than try to wind up the fan base,
This isn’t what I’m doing. Trust me I hate rumours like every other person on here

in other news popped down the club shop today and saw plenty of workers / builders / maintenance etc going on at the hall 👍🏻
That's great to know, but are they all doing it for free?. If not & i was one of them, i'd ask for cash in hand as if they are invoicing the club, who knows when they will be paid?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back