• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of news I know about. There is currently no updates that can be made, but be aware the people continue to work to find a way!

Yesterday, the club hosted representatives from an Australian investment firm at Boots and Laces. Unsure if anyone knows anything more than this, but I know for a fact it happened!
I get that Ronnie wants to maximise the money he makes, but a part of me feels he wants to drag this out just to stay relevant. Once it's all done and dusted he'll be yesterday's man, and another in a long line of failed football chairmen.

Sadly, the NL have given RM more time to be slippery. They could have held his feet to the fire and said the embargo needs to be lifted before the first day of the season. Which would have forced RMs hand. Sadly. They’ve just given him a months wriggle room.
The only problem with that is that it may also kill the club if RM couldn't comply. And then there would be the outcry against the NL for being so unreasonable bearing in mind we had a date of 23/8 for the next hearing.

The only problem with that is that it may also kill the club if RM couldn't comply. And then there would be the outcry against the NL for being so unreasonable bearing in mind we had a date of 23/8 for the next hearing.
Yes… no point giving someone a deadline they can’t meet. It’s been a frustratingly languid process though. Deadlines given then extended as well.

All this talk about investment and not buyers, is Ron still looking to sell or is he looking for investment partners, so he can stay on and get Fossett's over the line.

Sadly, the NL have given RM more time to be slippery. They could have held his feet to the fire and said the embargo needs to be lifted before the first day of the season. Which would have forced RMs hand. Sadly. They’ve just given him a months wriggle room.
Great

In terms of news I know about. There is currently no updates that can be made, but be aware the people continue to work to find a way!

Yesterday, the club hosted representatives from an Australian investment firm at Boots and Laces. Unsure if anyone knows anything more than this, but I know for a fact it happened!
Thanks for the update 👍 much appreciated

Moving from B&L to the new training ground was at one point supposed to the point at which funds were released from the FF development. Time has passed and supposedly the idea now is to separate club/RH and FF. But Ron being Ron might be in denial.

You mention the 5 looking to “find a way”. Hopefully that doesn’t mean still pre bid internal discussions amongst themselves stage? Hopefully they are putting pressure on having put in a bid. Otherwise frankly there is no urgency from any side on Ron and he has bought a month…regrettably…

Moving from B&L to the new training ground was at one point supposed to the point at which funds were released from the FF development. Time has passed and supposedly the idea now is to separate club/RH and FF. But Ron being Ron might be in denial.

You mention the 5 looking to “find a way”. Hopefully that doesn’t mean still pre bid internal discussions amongst themselves stage? Hopefully they are putting pressure on having put in a bid. Otherwise frankly there is no urgency from any side on Ron and he has bought a month…regrettably…

RM has bought himself a month, end of story. A week after putting the club in the shop window. Any urgency is now diminished some what due to the NL.

I was thinking about that a few days ago. Either that was an outright lie or it never happened for some reason.

RM has bought himself a month, end of story. A week after putting the club in the shop window. Any urgency is now diminished some what due to the NL.
Will the NL still hit us with the points deduction if the courts grant another adjournment? We weren't told that the next hearing would be the final one (like in March), were we? If the courts continue to be lenient, Ron might have bought himself even more than a month.

Will the NL still hit us with the points deduction if the courts grant another adjournment? We weren't told that the next hearing would be the final one (like in March), were we? If the courts continue to be lenient, Ron might have bought himself even more than a month.
No they were quite specific, regardless of any adjournment if the bill isn't paid by the next court date there will be a 10 point deduction

The NL statement has this covered quite clearly:

“The Club HMRC debt is to be discharged in full by their next court date, 23 August 2023. It should be noted that this remains a requirement from the League even if the court hearing is further adjourned past the 23 August 2023.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back