• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK Ron so now is the time to back on bended knee .Go back to the courts and get them to unfreeze enough money to pay the HMRC what you owe them SOthe club can really go forwards Hopefully without you .And let's not forget the players need paying in a few days .

Whilst we wait for a deal to be completed ( or not ) , it's highly likely that unless we are kicked out , we will start the season under an embargo and with the very thin squad we have.

Hypothetical question time.
Are we likely to lose every game ?
Can we compete in some ( or all ) ?

It's clear to me that over a whole season , it's not sustainable, but how long can it be managed ?

In my opinion , given the age and inexperience of those that would make up the bench , we really can't compete for too long.

Early this morning I watched the SUFC super yacht sail past me and I can assure you it was definitely the SUFC helicopter sitting on the pad.

Judging by the amount of Eastern European girls parting on board I'm convinced a sale must be close. Some on here need to realise even if you finish bottom of the EFL you still make several £million as an owner.
Who owns the yacht!!!

The NL will require us to clear any football related debt (money owed for transfers/loans/agents etc) AND also any outstanding HMRC debt. This is because it will be seen as a "competitive advantage" over other clubs, if neither of those are paid and up to date. Until all of that is settled, the embargo will remain. That is my understanding anyway.

I'm not sure of the total figure, but it will certainly be a significant six figure sum required to clear it all. The HMRC bill will be growing very quickly by the day as well, so will be quite a lot larger than the figure that has been reported. It is also payday again shortly, so let's see how that goes, as obviously that has a bearing on the embargo as well.
I fully understand that, it was just that KM didnt mention the HMRC he only said football creditors (which HMRC are apparently not one of) so i was wondering / confused as if had they been settled and now it is a case of just the football creditors needing to be cleared.

Another step forward! Paying the football creditors. Paying the employees are very evidential steps forward. And is manoeuvring the asset (what’s left anyway) into a position where an acquisition can take place.

I wish, the same as everyone, things could be a hell of a lot quicker. But anyone who understands businesses and acquisitions will know certain steps must be completed before the final part can take place.

Positive evening, wins on and off the pitch!
Except at present we only have 10 fit assets!

Except at present we only have 10 fit assets!
Whilst it's absolutely abysmal for our club to only have that amount of players, our NL status is a greater asset than a squad of 22 players. There's no value to having a large squad of players that don't have a licence to play in the NL. No buyer would want to buy a club like that. Securing our status in the NL first makes us saleable, we can then address the numbers in the dressing room.

The NL will require us to clear any football related debt (money owed for transfers/loans/agents etc) AND also any outstanding HMRC debt. This is because it will be seen as a "competitive advantage" over other clubs, if neither of those are paid and up to date. Until all of that is settled, the embargo will remain. That is my understanding anyway.

I'm not sure of the total figure, but it will certainly be a significant six figure sum required to clear it all. The HMRC bill will be growing very quickly by the day as well, so will be quite a lot larger than the figure that has been reported. It is also payday again shortly, so let's see how that goes, as obviously that has a bearing on the embargo as well.
I'm not sure that is true. I doubt there's much in the way of VAT due at this time of the year and (it seems) that the club have been paying NIC and PAYE even if they haven't paid the wages to the staff. It seems that might actually be up to date.

I'm not sure that is true. I doubt there's much in the way of VAT due at this time of the year and (it seems) that the club have been paying NIC and PAYE even if they haven't paid the wages to the staff. It seems that might actually be up to date.
The club is 100% in arrears to HMRC over and beyond the current petition debt. Paying the £275k that's on the petition to HMRC will not, unfortunately, be enough to lift the embargo.

Shame. Thanks for the clarification.
No worries. Not saying the stuff about contributions still being paid whilst wages not is untrue. I've heard the rumour too and you wouldn't put it past him, although you'd hope it hasn't happened if it is indeed illegal, considering TL is a lawyer!

But unfortunately you can almost double the value of the debt that's on the WUP if you want a ballpark figure needed to clear the embargo.

275k or whatever the total is just pay the bill chairman Ron at least before kick off on the 5th of Aug Then its time to go so the club can move forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back