• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is RM moving everything around to cover his arse.... Mezcal somehow shows in 2021 a balance of 6 million in their off shore account.. How that got there is, well dubious.. @Firestorm maybe able to shed some light on it all.
Nail on head there Cricko . I think the 6 million was actually a dollar figure which would correspond quite closely to the amount the CPS cited when they tried unsuccessfully to prosecute him for fraud.

If RM really has no money to pay staff and other debts and fix up RH etc, the MP's should call him out and tell him to release the detailed accounts of Mezcal for scrutiny. Until then I and probably others will asume there is a tidy sum stashed away in the BVI that he either doesn't want the CPS to know about or doesn't want to bring onshore and pay tax on.

Ronald, dear Ceaser Remember and man is not remembered by what he has done, but what good he has done.

Attachments

• Elizabeth Taylor.jpg
    Elizabeth Taylor.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 3
And therein lays the problem. How one man has been allowed to carry on in this manner beggars belief!!?

Their should be, along with the Fit and Proper Test on initial owners buying football clubs, a further check, at a pre-determined time length, to assess whether that are still Fit and Proper. Legislation should be able to monitor these so called chairman, of the likes of Martin, and the Oyston family to name a few.

It keeps happening, and needs monitoring to when it goes wrong, a safety blanket to save the club from being dragged through the mud.

Martin has been doing the job of two men for years....Laurel & Hardy😂🤣

It hasn't been just Ron at the helm of the finances of the club though?

Tara Brady & Steve Kavanagh surely had some grasp as to what Ron was doing at the club financially...?

Especially as when Kavanagh was hired, he said in an interview, 'I have known Ron Martin for a number of years and I have seen first hand his passion and desire to deliver success for the club and I am looking forward to working along side Ron, and the rest of the board, to deliver what is a really exciting future.'

Furthermore, we have actually had a 'Head of Finance' since 2007! Patrick Van der Waag & Nigel Brunning both at the helm of those roles at one point or another...

So the question is did Ron have the money all this time or had he sold some land.

we limp on to the next catastrophe
No he did not sell more land to pay the staff .It was part of the money the court let the club have ..Ans it was said the poor staff should be paid by at least weds .So finaly the poor staff can pay there way with what was owed to themm .And about time to 4 months to late Ron .This should never have happened .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back