• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t really follow the logic that this consortium would already be subject to an NDA. While they’re clearly aware of the need to move quickly, as of late last week all of the reports indicated discussions between themselves were still ongoing. Unless things have really escalated, such as discussing actual deal mechanics with Martin or whichever poor individual’s brokering it, would it necessarily mean an NDA is already in place.

I think what’s far more likely is members of the consortium simply closing ranks and only discussing specifics with those that need to know in order to work in a more accelerated fashion/desire for more privacy than members of the Kimura bid have enjoyed in the last few weeks. There’s only so much stalking on social media individuals are likely to put up with before it all gets a bit tiresome.

At what point can staff take Ron to court for breach of contract? Could Ron be found in contempt of court if he said he would settle creditors and then doesn't?

That's helpful, thank you. I assume there's no way of knowing who the actual lenders are?
In some cases you can. Usually hard to find, but often in online publications related to finance they will announce "CBRE takes on servicing of lifetime products for Aviva" for example, but that's about all you will get. If it's a family office backing the lending then there will be nothing.

I don’t really follow the logic that this consortium would already be subject to an NDA. While they’re clearly aware of the need to move quickly, as of late last week all of the reports indicated discussions between themselves were still ongoing. Unless things have really escalated, such as discussing actual deal mechanics with Martin or whichever poor individual’s brokering it, would it necessarily mean an NDA is already in place.

I think what’s far more likely is members of the consortium simply closing ranks and only discussing specifics with those that need to know in order to work in a more accelerated fashion/desire for more privacy than members of the Kimura bid have enjoyed in the last few weeks. There’s only so much stalking on social media individuals are likely to put up with before it all gets a bit tiresome.
Completely agree. When you factor in the type of character they are trying to negotiate with, their negotiation tactics need to be significantly different to normal, and I guess will be why there is a closing of ranks, because that will maintain a tactical advantage. he holds a good set of cards, but whilst he needs the sale, he is also greedy. I eventually managed to divorce someone like this, took 2 years, significantly more money than the ******* was entitled to and a huge emotional toll, but I got there eventually! Different situation, but similar personality type and issues.

Meanwhile, keeping feet to the fire in other ways, such as protests outside the front door, pressure from the MPs, council etc are all valid tactics, and also the fact that other clubs are pitching in significant support all help. Ultimately the ego stroking needs to carry on a bit longer to have any chance of this working.

The important point for me is somehow we need to get the NL licence so we can start the season, and allow the s**tshow to continue in the background whilst the guys work under the covers to get a deal agreed (one thing) and over the line (quite another!).

Commenting on Chris Phillips latest tweet which states staff have still not been paid.

Is this now 5 months since they've been paid?
Can anyone confirm how many staff this actually entails?

I can't believe no one has knocked on his front door to confront the man. How an earth are these people surviving?
What really gets me, is that every statement he and TL has put out this year, they all state how the staff will be 'rewarded'. How on earth are they going to be rewarded when they can't even pay them? Ron has been spinning that yarn for months on end. I'm sure the staff are way past the point where they actually believe that nonsense. Even if he miraculously does, too little too late.

Furthermore, I can't see a deal being struck this week if the staff aren't getting paid until the end of it. No buyer would buy the club if the license hasn't been signed off by NL. That can only be signed off once said staff and creditors have been paid.

Last edited:
My thoughts...

As some on this very topic are saying RM has messed it up again.
I don't believe the rumour mongers know anything but instead are happy to blame RM for this without any real substance.

As for the NDA thats only on the buyers side as well i find that weird, thats if any offer has gone in.
An NDA doesn't prevent RM from saying what the asking price is. It does though prevent him from discussing any bids or negotiations.

I was hoping to start buying my ST’s again, boxes and hospitality again, but it seems that maybe I wont be in the short term at the very least, as I will not buy any ticket that gives RM cash in his pocket.
My view is that money we hand over to SUFC cannot and will not end up in RM's pockets. He is not one of the creditors that SUFC is permitted to pay from the company accounts. Any attempt to divert ST moneys etc. would be fraudulent and very easily detected and proved.
I get what an NDA is but some on here have suggested the NDA doesn’t apply to RM just the buyers can talk about anything.

Re the ST money i am not sure it is fraudulent to move monies between companies that you own within a group of companies, from what i can tell thats what RM has been doing all these years. I am not expert but am probably wrong but my point stands I will not put any money into the club while RM stays associated in any way.

At what point can staff take Ron to court for breach of contract? Could Ron be found in contempt of court if he said he would settle creditors and then doesn't?
They can’t take Ron to court as their contract will be with Southend United not Ron.

They could take Southend United to court but Ron isn’t going to show - he’d send someone else instead and the claimant will have to spend money (which they probably don’t have after not being paid) on a claim which won’t be heard in our underfunded court system for ages and the club don’t have the money to pay anyway.

Ron won’t be found in contempt of court as no court has ordered him to pay the money. He hasn’t perjured as his comment likely wasn’t under oath. It was probably only expressing an intention to pay once money was available, which it isn’t yet.

All of which leaves staff in a horrible position. Hopefully the Shrimpers Trust hardship fund helps.

Final post I’m going to make saying this. As I’m adamant some people are making things up in their own head or reading something someone else has made up in their own head and believed it.

If things going quite, they go quite for a reason.

In the same way I said read between the lines of the KIMURA statement, I also say if it was dead one it would be known, two it would be very loud. They’ve proven they’re happy to make statements.

Regarding offers being made or not, who knows? Anna Firth publicly confirmed on our Twitter space she was aware of goal posts changing as recent as a few days ago.

I get some people are really stressed, would up and upset. But people are working hard. It’s like trying to do a deal with some one who wants to eat the whole cake and smile in your face whilst doing it.

As I say, keep the faith, silence is golden (no matter what you think) and read between the lines!

If Kimura have signalled they’re still involved in their ‘please read between the lines’ statement and we are supposed to know that, then doesn’t Martin know that too? And thus still won’t entertain new consortium’s bid.

Final post I’m going to make saying this. As I’m adamant some people are making things up in their own head or reading something someone else has made up in their own head and believed it.

If things going quite, they go quite for a reason.

In the same way I said read between the lines of the KIMURA statement, I also say if it was dead one it would be known, two it would be very loud. They’ve proven they’re happy to make statements.

Regarding offers being made or not, who knows? Anna Firth publicly confirmed on our Twitter space she was aware of goal posts changing as recent as a few days ago.

I get some people are really stressed, would up and upset. But people are working hard. It’s like trying to do a deal with some one who wants to eat the whole cake and smile in your face whilst doing it.

As I say, keep the faith, silence is golden (no matter what you think) and read between the lines!
The word “Read” is it Reader by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back