• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is the state of play, have the consortium if 5 made an offer? If so is that offer for what was put on the clubs website or is it for less? What’s the likelihood of this happening?

Sadly, football has made thousands of players multi Millionaires. Many well over 100 Million. Putting a little bit back by helping lower league clubs in trouble with what would be loose change to them, never even comes into their minds.
Why should it? It isn't for Mbappe to pay Ron Martin millions of pounds so Ron can do what he should have been doing - meet his basic obligations as the owner of a business.

I understand people making these points mean well and obviously the money is astronomical but Southend United are not in this mess because of a structural issue with football finances - we're here because of bad ownership. If we suddenly got loads more money from higher up the pyramid we'd have probably spent it.

So what is the state of play, have the consortium if 5 made an offer? If so is that offer for what was put on the clubs website or is it for less? What’s the likelihood of this happening?
Reading between the lines

They may have made Ron an offer which doesn’t meet his public terms

He didn’t negotiate with the K group in good faith who have now publicly called him out.

As they may still be part of the buying group I’m guessing they are still limited in what they can say.

This NDA **** just seems to give Ron a cloud to hide behind.

As a supporter fan base we are not United

We need to try and get another statement out that ours Ron under pressure again

There must be something we can do

According to Crate/Jack, if an offer has gone in, then nobody will be making statements until things have been agreed.
Ok got that but is there a rumour of any offer going in? As some on this very topic are saying RM has messed it up again.

Also there wouldn’t be a comment if no offer had gone in as there would be nothing to discuss

As for the NDA thats only on the buyers side as well i find that weird, thats if any offer has gone in.

Forgive my views, i am a realist and without proof of anything then it is hard to be positive on this particular issue as we have had so many hopes dashed in the last 3/4 months.

With no NL statement as to what if any deadline they have given the club we sit here in the dark waiting for ITK’s to give an update. I fully understand about people being in consortiums and not wanting to have their names out their to become targets, but the same could be said of Kimura and the put their names out there.

It is all becoming or has become tedious, boring and damn right frustrating.

I am off the mind sadly that in 6-8 weeks time we may well not have a club to support. I was hoping to start buying my ST’s again, boxes and hospitality again, but it seems that maybe I wont be in the short term at the very least, as I will not buy any ticket that gives RM cash in his pocket.

I have tried to cover this off before - CBRE Loan Services are not a lender - they act purely as a middleman to monitor the loan, collect the interest and undertake admin duties on behalf of the lender / group of lenders.

They typically act for smaller lenders who do not have the back office functions to maintain the loan or lenders who do not want to be included in the public records at companies house or lastly where the lender is a syndicate of lenders - so if there are 4 lenders all equally holding the loan - all 4 have an equal right to the mortgage, so rather than 4 charges, you have 1 charge to CBRE and then a separate document which sits behind it dealing with the 4 lenders.

Hope that makes sense?
That's helpful, thank you. I assume there's no way of knowing who the actual lenders are?

Ok got that but is there a rumour of any offer going in? As some on this very topic are saying RM has messed it up again.

Also there wouldn’t be a comment if no offer had gone in as there would be nothing to discuss

As for the NDA thats only on the buyers side as well i find that weird, thats if any offer has gone in.

Forgive my views, i am a realist and without proof of anything then it is hard to be positive on this particular issue as we have had so many hopes dashed in the last 3/4 months.

With no NL statement as to what if any deadline they have given the club we sit here in the dark waiting for ITK’s to give an update. I fully understand about people being in consortiums and not wanting to have their names out their to become targets, but the same could be said of Kimura and the put their names out there.

It is all becoming or has become tedious, boring and damn right frustrating.

I am off the mind sadly that in 6-8 weeks time we may well not have a club to support. I was hoping to start buying my ST’s again, boxes and hospitality again, but it seems that maybe I wont be in the short term at the very least, as I will not buy any ticket that gives RM cash in his pocket.
My thoughts...

As some on this very topic are saying RM has messed it up again.
I don't believe the rumour mongers know anything but instead are happy to blame RM for this without any real substance.

An NDA doesn't prevent RM from saying what the asking price is. It does though prevent him from discussing any bids or negotiations.

I was hoping to start buying my ST’s again, boxes and hospitality again, but it seems that maybe I wont be in the short term at the very least, as I will not buy any ticket that gives RM cash in his pocket.
My view is that money we hand over to SUFC cannot and will not end up in RM's pockets. He is not one of the creditors that SUFC is permitted to pay from the company accounts. Any attempt to divert ST moneys etc. would be fraudulent and very easily detected and proved.

I never said he should, Riggers. Just wondering whether he might have done. There are those who value their roots and appreciate the help given which allowed them to achieve success and remain grateful, and there are those who, whilst they no doubt appreciated it at the time, see their success as due to their own efforts and talents alone. Neither are right or wrong, just differing natures I guess.

Re. your potato picking analogy...had you become a successful and wealthy potato farmer as a result of your early potato picking experience you might have felt differently.

But then again.....
To be fair those clubs made money off of his transfer fees. For every Jamie Vardy there will literally be a thousand players come through those clubs who didn't make it big and we don't say the clubs have a responsibility to them.

I was hoping to start buying my ST’s again, boxes and hospitality again, but it seems that maybe I wont be in the short term at the very least, as I will not buy any ticket that gives RM cash in his pocket.
My view is that money we hand over to SUFC cannot and will not end up in RM's pockets. He is not one of the creditors that SUFC is permitted to pay from the company accounts. Any attempt to divert ST moneys etc. would be fraudulent and very easily detected and proved.
Someone did post on here asking if the stance on ST was now the correct one. If people are confident that this money can't go into Ron's pocket due to court constraints etc it feels like it might now be impeding our chances of getting going this season. I didn't see an answer but think it would be helpful as the cash inflow must make life so much easier to get the ground up to scratch for example.

Commenting on Chris Phillips latest tweet which states staff have still not been paid.

Is this now 5 months since they've been paid?
Can anyone confirm how many staff this actually entails?

I can't believe no one has knocked on his front door to confront the man. How an earth are these people surviving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back