• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
The real place to build a stadium is at the end of the pier. Loads of space if we’re willing to put some more posts down.

Sure, we’d lose a few balls into the sea but forget Boris’ airport in the estuary, Southend’s stadium in the sea would be epic.

You’d need to run a few more trains though.

The real place to build a stadium is at the end of the pier. Loads of space if we’re willing to put some more posts down.

Sure, we’d lose a few balls into the sea but forget Boris’ airport in the estuary, Southend’s stadium in the sea would be epic.

I actually thought about this earlier ( not seriously, of course) and how games could be timed to the tides so shuttle ferry services could take supporters back and forth.

This is the dream.

Still only about 150m wide across the site from road border to road border even doing those things, very very tight
I would say slightly wider but at the moment the distance from back of the west stand to back of the east is less than 150m.

If I had my way then everything between the high street and the A1160 from the Range to Marine parade would go. That would be the opportunity to make Southend a top place to visit from London. Including river cruise/small ferry terminal.

When Maplin airport was being considered there were two motorways on the cards. One would be going just south of Hullbridge sports. The other out in the sea just past the end of the pier. Your idea would have got support in the early 70's

I freely admit it's off post (as much being posted is) but we could start a new thread called "Spot the Stadium" Identifying new locations within the city (or outside) for a new home for SUFC. It can be realistic or "If I had my way" and "In a perfect world..." It's a cheery/amusing/optimistic alternative to what is dragging on atm.

I would say slightly wider but at the moment the distance from back of the west stand to back of the east is less than 150m.

If I had my way then everything between the high street and the A1160 from the Range to Marine parade would go. That would be the opportunity to make Southend a top place to visit from London. Including river cruise/small ferry terminal.
You'd need to allow space for ingress/egress, a perimeter, etc, etc, etc, would be extremely limiting and not very future-proof. A wider-scale redevelopment would make it a great site for us yes (but very expensive!)

If I had a totally free choice of available ground this would make sense, either that or the Kursal

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230724_185931_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20230724_185931_Maps.jpg
    531.5 KB · Views: 195
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back