• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse me for being a liitle pessimist ATM.. The deadline to sort the NL requirements is closing in rapidly. We hear every day talks are in motion...that is all we hear.

So jump down off your high horse and realise that the supporters groups have been trying to help 24/7

We realise now everybody ****ing lies or hides behind the cloak of secrecy, but we still continue on.
Ahh you see, you’ve got the wrong end of the stick.

I completely agree.

I’m simply asking if you’ve heard from trusted sources that it is “too little too late”?

When exactly is the “deadline for NL requirements”, as I and others don’t seem to know when they were published?

Ahh you see, you’ve got the wrong end of the stick.

I completely agree.

I’m simply asking if you’ve heard from trusted sources that it is “too little too late”?

When exactly is the “deadline for NL requirements”, as I and others don’t seem to know when they were published?
We were told by the Trust it is a matter of days.

Someone may well take a punt, but whoever does will be thinking they can make some money out of the ground by changing its use to residential rather than football. So basically Ron v2.0.

There's no other reason to buy it other than love for SUFC and at £7m and counting, plus ongoing running costs - that's a lot of love.

What we have going for us is that, as I understand, the Council won't agree to any sort of development on Roots Hall until such time as alternative facilities are found for the football club. So we're pretty much back where we started in 1990 when I first became a supporter.
As posted with plans previously, I believe if you buy the current RH development site (which includes the 297-301 Victoria Avenue land) you can have the ground, update along the lines suggested by sherif, and build a reasonable number of the 502 residences as well.

So I think it’s wrong to assume buying the club and RH can’t be self funding (or largely so). Whether the buyers are alive to this, or even that concerned about ways of funding this, I doubt know.

Of course, it’s only my opinion looking at the before and after plans.

As far as I know rm isn’t co operating with anybody right now.

The offer is out there and allegedly some are talking about it but that’s a heck of a leap to them getting Ron round the table

Excuse me for being a liitle pessimist ATM.. The deadline to sort the NL requirements is closing in rapidly. We hear every day talks are in motion...that is all we hear.

So jump down off your high horse and realise that the supporters groups have been trying to help 24/7

We realise now everybody ****ing lies or hides behind the cloak of secrecy, but we still continue on.
Damn straight! this is spot on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back